Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'07 prowler 650 H1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I came across the prowler talk group when searching for info on tracks. I purchased my first and only SxS about 5 yrs ago from an older couple who used it only around heir country home to go back and forth to their garden. It's an '07 prowler 650 H1 and at the time had more hours than miles. And it still might. Lol. Kids in year round hockey and divorce hasn't allowed for alot of time to use it but things will come together. I'm considering getting tracks to use it for icefishing and deer shed hunting .....does anyone know of I will have power issues with tracks...... steering issues......... suggestions or experience on what tracks to get? I have a mattracks dealer an hour away from me and camoplast dealer within 2 hours. Those are the only two kinds of tracks I know of. Any recommendations or input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I had camso tracks on my 09 XTZ and had no issues as your speed is reduced around 40% and with the gear reduction of the drive cogs it is almost like being in between low range and high range when you are in high. I traded in the XTZ in late 2017 for an 18 Ranger XP1000 EPS and moved the same tracks onto that one no issues to date.

·
Registered
'07 prowler 650 H1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had camso tracks on my 09 XTZ and had no issues as your speed is reduced around 40% and with the gear reduction of the drive cogs it is almost like being in between low range and high range when you are in high. I traded in the XTZ in late 2017 for an 18 Ranger XP1000 EPS and moved the same tracks onto that one no issues to date.
Right on, thanks for the info. My friend has that same xp1000. He talked to me the other day and we were talking about tracks and he wasn't sure if have enuf power....even tho when out fishing or trekking in the woods I won't need to be flying around anyway. Did you notice alot of increased power when you moved to the '18 xp1000? We also talked about the fact my '07 has no power steering so that might make for difficulty......did you have power steering in the XTZ?

·
Registered
823 Posts
My XTZ was about the same as the XP1000 and the XTZ did not have power steering and was fine with the tracks while moving. best investment I made was the tracks.

·
Registered
'07 prowler 650 H1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So with all that said....any suggestions on what camso tracks to put on my 650......with the option of using them on a larger machine down the road? I'm still thinking mattracks since I they're located an hour away......and I read a review showing the 13" wide M3's.....good ground contact and wide......not sure how my power will be tho.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have no experience with mattraks , gear reduction is calculated by original overall tire diameter vs the overall diameter of the drive sprocket of the track that bolts to your hub

1 - 6 of 6 Posts