Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - Just bought a 2010 Prowler 550 (Used 500 miles on it). Was hauling some wood and my handle that is used to open the tailgate will not work. The handle is against the tailgate. Can not even pry it away from the back of the tailgate with a screw driver. I can open the tail gate by moving the rod down on each side of the tailgate. I think the spring in side the tailgate for the handle is disconected to the rod and the spring is holding the handle against the tailgate

Tred to split the tailgate in half that did not work out for me. How does the tailgate come apart or off

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have not looked at the handle or how it functions and I am out of town or I would pull mine apart and check it out for you. Sorry. Hang tight and someone will come to the rescue.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Colt45

The tailgates can be a pain to open/split, but with luck and determination you can do it.

Pull all the screws from the inside, then you also have to remove the 2 screws holding the straps on the sides. These are the ones that can fight you, I had one just spin out and one strip the fastener inside the gate. Luckily I could split it enough to get a torch in there to heat the stripped one and get it out.

You may also have to remove the pipe that runs through the bottom of the gate creating the pivot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts