Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I hope this is the correct area to post.

I am helping out at a non-profit camp for the summer. The camp was donated a 2010 Prowler XTX 700. Apparently the oil was changed before delivery. It seemed to run fine the first week or so but now when in 2wd it rev's up and lurches forward, then rev's up and lurches forward again (leaping really ;) )

It works well in 4wd. It doesn't seem to matter if its in L or H range. It has about 2000 kilometers on it (1200 miles).

Does it sound like a burnt or flat-spotted belt? Or not enough oil?

Thanks

Torie

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Yup on the Turf Saver! Depending on what you plan with the Prowler, it may need to just be run in 4WD until it quits completely! Not sure how much money the camp may want to invest in it. Maybe a local ATV/UTV club would be willing to provide labor, as the parts will run around 1,000 dollars new! Used parts would knock that down, but there are several issues to consider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the thread with the link given on the XTX rear end. After reading this one it sparked a question?? I rarely use 4X4 just because of the way mine is used. So I jumped on, went to the dirt and put it in four wheel drive. Night and day difference. No jerking, no lurching, just smooth. Interesting. Problem is that will kill tires quick.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I really like the turf saver, but knowing the history of the units mine is on borrowed time! I prefer the TS rear, but the locked rear seems to be the industry norm! If you are mechanically Inclined the swap is pretty easy. I bought China take off axles for mine, a used case and changed the ring gear to the 36 teeth later model. You could more than likely do this yourself for under 300 dollars. Babbitts/Country Cat have great parts departments (online) that you can get the different part numbers off of. The 2009 XT, and XTX use the TS, and the Locked depending on the model. Now that I got you confused, How can we help! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts