Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm from Northwestern Arizona, Kingman, and I have some questions about my Cat and figured this is a good place to ask.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's a great place to ask. Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the site ,,,,,,,ask away!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blown engine, any ideas?

I blew the engine on my 2007 650HD1 and my local dealer is saying $4,800 to replace.

I have no idea on where to look for engines, used or otherwise.

Rig isn't worth more than $5K so I'm wondering what to do.

Been a great hunting rig; always reliable and I just put in new brakes, axles, tie rods, shocks and tires.

So?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your engine, but if you can swap the engine yourself you can shave 2,000.00 off of the dealer price. With a new engine you would gain several factory upgrades that have been issues in the past. Members here should be able to share their thoughts.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house .. this place is the answer shop extroidinair [is that a word ? hummm ] .. lost of good folks and great knowledge around here.
jump in anytime and throw some BS with the rest of us.
stay tuned to some replies that make more sense than me :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I blew the engine on my 2007 650HD1 and my local dealer is saying $4,800 to replace.

I have no idea on where to look for engines, used or otherwise.

Rig isn't worth more than $5K so I'm wondering what to do.

Been a great hunting rig; always reliable and I just put in new brakes, axles, tie rods, shocks and tires.

So?
Don,just like fairmont79 said you can save a lot by doing it yourself of if you have a friend that can help,I priced a motor for my 2006 from the dealer and it was gonna be around 2600 to 2700 dollars.If it's been a good machine I would put a motor in it.with a new motor it will have all the upgraded parts and it comes with everything but the carb......How many miles is on your 2007.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts