Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, thanks in advance for any input.
I am at a point of exasperation regarding my 2009 700 XTX. Bought it new 2yrs ago, has only 73 miles on it.
Problem is that when accelerating it hesitates then lurches forward (or backwards if in reverse). The engine is fine and isn't hesitating. It pulls fine after moving, no apparent slippage. When I let off the accelerator it jerks (downward) then decelerates normally. It seems that there is too much lash in the drivetrain but it is shaft drive so how?
I used to work on cycles back in the '60's so it has been a while, but I don't fear tearing into it. The dealer no longer carries AC and has been of no assistance.
My wife is scared to drive it so it will either get fixed or traded. I have used it for snow plowing and it does well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard. You came to the right place to get some help. There are a few guys here that have the same vehicle as you and should be able to help. Check back in hour or two and you may find some answers. I the mean time how many miles on the CVT belt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
73, Like I said, it is a virtually new machine. I bought it before I retired and used it only for plowing snow, but it did it before I plowed any.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
virgin machine, no mods to anything. I did clean a pack rat nest out of the air cleaner when I had it parked in the barn, but I don't think that counts?? ha.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
73, Like I said, it is a virtually new machine. I bought it before I retired and used it only for plowing snow, but it did it before I plowed any.
Thanks for the reply.
I missed that sorry I am very tired I flew across the country and started at 0200 today my bad.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
virgin machine, no mods to anything. I did clean a pack rat nest out of the air cleaner when I had it parked in the barn, but I don't think that counts?? ha.
Its the Turf saver rear diff

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Give it some time and a few ideas will be thrown your way. I am thinking if it sat that long there could be a number of things to look at but you said your background included working on bikes so I am sure you covered the obvious stuff. Hang tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How can I check the Turf Saver diff? Is there an inherent problem with it or is something broken or mis-adjusted?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK all, turn the light off. I found some old posts by MOOSE, CHIPNET, GLAMISPROWLER. The problem has been shared by others and evidently it is an engineering issue and considered normal by AC. Maybe the engineer who designed this moonlighted for AC during his off hours at Chrysler. I need a stronger spring on the accel or a kit for it. I might change the accel linkage to change the angle of the pedal, which I think may help since it is at an angle where one's reaction to the jerk can be amplified.
Thanks to all of you who replied.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts