Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to take off it jerks really bad. Its like the clutch is in and out of engagement. it has done this since it was new and it only has 500 miles on it. it is 2008 xtx 700. Any ideas? Can someone tell me how to fix this?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
When I try to take off it jerks really bad. Its like the clutch is in and out of engagement. it has done this since it was new and it only has 500 miles on it. it is 2008 xtx 700. Any ideas? Can someone tell me how to fix this?:confused:
Sounds like the belt or the one way bearing..........my thoughts.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How many miles are on your machine? Is it worse in low gear? Clutch, or belt related I'd bet! These things are pretty easy to work on if you have done any mechanical work in the past. All questions are encouraged, and members will help in a flash! We are a fun group, so some of the comments are meant as jokes! Keep asking, and we will get it sorted out!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the best prowler site.....................:):)

·
Registered
177 Posts
sounds like my 09xtx don't know if 08 had turf saver but that is exactly how mine behaved and then kept getting worse.Diff was slipping consequently it jerked

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Turf saver was on 08,09, and 10 700XTX machines.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
If you have it in 4 wheel drive does it take off smooth?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts