Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined...I bought a 2015 Prowler 550 XT last spring. We've got hundreds of miles of trails and logging roads to ride here in north Idaho. Hope to learn a lot here.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hundreds of miles of trails would be great, we have gravel roads :(

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great members, good info, and entertainment at times!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome Scott ... didn't see this yesterday when I checked in [probably before you got up :) ]

Hey what town you in [fill in location] ... I just moved to Reno area from Cd'A .. had a 10 acre piece outside of town rural quiet and semi remote :)

there sure a ton of ride places in North Idaho to ride and a great maping system available from the forest service .. I have a XTZ with over 5000 miles and 95% are n.Idaho miles

many of my friends still there though some are snow birds and go south to Arizona where I'll be 1/1/17 myself ... lots of ways to go out and about either by club rides [for the newbys to learn the trails a bit] of with friends .. Ever run the Magruder trail ? a good fun ride. [down out of Elk City area] lots of riding down in St Maries , Wallace , Cd'A drainage north of Pinehurst also not to forget east of the water park also .. used to go from my place up Blue Creek rd to the forest service roads and head north to the east side of Ponderay and go for 100+ mile runs or head over to Pinehurst and meet up with my good friend and ride up CdA drainages from there. many times had 150 mile runs that way.

anyway welcome to the house OH and newbys start morning coffee and bring in a load of wood for the fire pit .. visit often and swap some lies with us and get out often to enjoy that ride of yours !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome Scott ... didn't see this yesterday when I checked in [probably before you got up :) ]

Hey what town you in [fill in location] ... I just moved to Reno area from Cd'A .. had a 10 acre piece outside of town rural quiet and semi remote :)

there sure a ton of ride places in North Idaho to ride and a great maping system available from the forest service .. I have a XTZ with over 5000 miles and 95% are n.Idaho miles

many of my friends still there though some are snow birds and go south to Arizona where I'll be 1/1/17 myself ... lots of ways to go out and about either by club rides [for the newbys to learn the trails a bit] of with friends .. Ever run the Magruder trail ? a good fun ride. [down out of Elk City area] lots of riding down in St Maries , Wallace , Cd'A drainage north of Pinehurst also not to forget east of the water park also .. used to go from my place up Blue Creek rd to the forest service roads and head north to the east side of Ponderay and go for 100+ mile runs or head over to Pinehurst and meet up with my good friend and ride up CdA drainages from there. many times had 150 mile runs that way.

anyway welcome to the house OH and newbys start morning coffee and bring in a load of wood for the fire pit .. visit often and swap some lies with us and get out often to enjoy that ride of yours !!
Live on Twin Lakes just outside of Rathdrum...I can leave the house and be on Inland Paper land in ten minutes. My B-in-Law lives by Cataldo.. We left his house and ran up to Mirror Lake and then took the trails out to Pine Creek to my M-in-Law's house. Stopped at the Pine Creek Tavern for dinner and then ran the pavement back to BIL's house. 80 miles and an all day trip!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Ain't it great that we have wide open spaces to ride! Now we just need to keep the politicians to leave us alone!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
RD .. thinking that in Idaho there would be a revolt against the govmt. if they changed much , ATV's and UTV's are a way of life there and all secondary roads [non highway] are open to use of the ATV/UTV crowd :) .. a big industry there

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Getting to be like that in Michigan! I enjoy riding in my home county! Some of the trails are mixed use, biking, horse back riding, and so on. It doe's not create any issues as long as respect is shown all around! When I encounter horses, I pull over, and shut down. This usually starts some conversations that is all friendly! We do not need to be monitored by the DNR, or other agencies. Unfortunately some do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts