Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here looking for answers to some electrical issues. I have a 2008 Prowler XTX 700 EFI that doesn't have any spark. Replaced the coil but still nothing. Looking for a manual so I can start checking coil voltages etc. I'll try the search engine and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome Homw!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the tilt sensor cut spark and fuel?

·
Registered
432 Posts
[QWelcome to the forum and you can download a free manual
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer

Parts"UOTE=blowinsoot00;45530]Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the tilt sensor cut spark and fuel?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but sounds right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After scratching my head for days and checking voltages I had pretty much decided the ECU had failed. On a whim I decided to check for spark using a tester instead of just pulling the plug and grounding it. I slipped the tester in the boot and clamped the ground on the block and turned the motor over and behold a bright spark in the sight glass. I was stunned as in 8 years of road racing motorcycles I had never seen an NGK plug with a faulted electrode. Went over to one of my race bikes and pulled a CR8E and put it in and it cranked immediately. I'll stop and get a new plug tomorrow. Thanks for the help and the manual. Feel kinda dumb as most people would have changed plug first lol but I went immediately for more complicated issues.

·
Registered
250 Posts
glad you got it figured out, downtime sucks especially this time of year, at least here in the southwest.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nothing better than an easy fix! Cheers and welcome

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
After scratching my head for days and checking voltages I had pretty much decided the ECU had failed. On a whim I decided to check for spark using a tester instead of just pulling the plug and grounding it. I slipped the tester in the boot and clamped the ground on the block and turned the motor over and behold a bright spark in the sight glass. I was stunned as in 8 years of road racing motorcycles I had never seen an NGK plug with a faulted electrode. Went over to one of my race bikes and pulled a CR8E and put it in and it cranked immediately. I'll stop and get a new plug tomorrow. Thanks for the help and the manual. Feel kinda dumb as most people would have changed plug first lol but I went immediately for more complicated issues.
Welcome to to the family. Glad you go your machine fixed and thank you for letting us know.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Glad you got it handled now go out and ride!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts