Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I am not sure if I am posting this correctly. I am a new member, have a 06 650 since 2007, no modifications - everything factory. I have enjoyed your site for quite a while, have used your site several times for troubleshooting and repairs. It has been very helpfull. I now have 30,000 plus miles on my rig. I am currently have a starting problem with my rig, I suspect it is a carb issue. There is fire to the plug. When it does start it runs great and will start easily after having warmed up. If it sets for a couple hours then it is hard to start again. Is there someway to test the choke?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum Im sure one of the 650 guys will be able to help you out

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
welcome

welcome aboard,glad you joined lot of great members that can help you with all your problems.i had the same trouble your having not sure how to check it ,but the electric choke has very little ohms running to it.the first thing i would do is take it out and clean it,also check your choke connection.I know a new choke is around 140 dollars.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've NEVER heard of a prowler with 30000 on it!! thats crazy

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Try a new plug in it, sometimes the old one looks good but is fouled.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
choke

dusty,mine got to where it wouldnt start at all.I pulled the choke out of carb and put thumb over hole on carb fired right up.thats how i found out choke was bad.......................I think you mean 3000 miles.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
de3 , Thanks I'll try that. I actually meant 30,000 mi plus. I put 200 plus miles per week minimum on my rig. I exercise my hunting dogs after work daily 20 miles & weekends average about 100 miles. When I am actually out hunting mileage increases greatly.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
30,000 that's great, I better get driving I only have 3,800 on my '07

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
desertcat i have said that so many times.just cant do it.heck when i bought my truck new,two weeks later i had to go buy a 400 dollar superchips controller so i could play with it.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts