1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Very cool though!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure if this is where aceoutdoor got the pick but this is a very interesting artical. Arctic's rough road | StarTribune.com

sounds like the whole atv div is dependent on this one rig. Cant wait till it comes out. might be able to afford an xtz with them all up for sale at once.

I also like the restructuring that is going on at the co. mainly listening to those who buy and support their product

Im not sure about the last words in the arctical hope this rig doesnt ruin their sled rep ( if building their own engines dont)

·
Registered
421 Posts
if it has the same dam 4wheeler eng/trans what good is it? theyr talkn near a hundred hp,while that will definately draw in buyers,they will just become more pist off cust with broken trannys/cases:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Gave the new updated 2011xtz trans and diff a test this weekend and all went better than expected.

Towed a rhino with a busted axle and diff-lock inop. up and out of some nasty muddy and rutted hills.

Man the 1000cc has got some [email protected]

4low and diff-lock, over ride down and gettin rowdy.

If it didn't have a wet clutch I am sure a belt would have went.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
What makes you think that?
Gave the new updated 2011xtz trans and diff a test this weekend and all went better than expected.

Towed a rhino with a busted axle and diff-lock inop. up and out of some nasty muddy and rutted hills.

Man the 1000cc has got some [email protected]

4low and diff-lock, over ride down and gettin rowdy.

If it didn't have a wet clutch I am sure a belt would have went.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Don't think it I know it.
Pulling real hard up some nasty muddy bumpy and rutted mess of a hill and the rhino had 1front and 1rear to drive it.
My buddy said thank god I had the 1000 any other machine would have had to play leap frog with the winch. And that would have made a long day in the rain.

What is the big issue with it having a wet clutch?
Do you think it robs too much power?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
LOL. the reason you did not go through a belt and rollers is cause you were smart enough to use low range. Same goes for a dry clutch or a wet clutch. You have a better advantage in low range and thats what kept your belt and rollers alive. If you lived where it got above 85 degrees you would understand the dry clutch wet clutch debate. Way too many parts with a wet clutch verses a dry one.
Also the big deal about having a wet clutch verses a dry clutch on a pure sport utv,quad, or snowmobile is because they are not ideal. Is there one that has one? Nope. They have dry clutches. Everyone of them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just dont see how the current tranny is going to hold up, I blew out the case on my 1000 quad and they claim it is the most up to date version they have. Its almost pointless having a 1000, you have to baby it all the time or something breaks. I had my name on a wild cat but I think Im backing out, Im sick of the breakdowns and the excuses from AC. Going back to a 700, I was much happier.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I just dont see how the current tranny is going to hold up, I blew out the case on my 1000 quad and they claim it is the most up to date version they have. Its almost pointless having a 1000, you have to baby it all the time or something breaks. I had my name on a wild cat but I think Im backing out, Im sick of the breakdowns and the excuses from AC. Going back to a 700, I was much happier.

What year is your 1000quad?

·
Registered
103 Posts
its a2010 mp, but it had the motor/trans replaced once already with the updated version. I was told that the numbers for the newest style is the same as what i have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The release will be in Glamis this time???, hate to spam but this web site will have it first. hang on to your seats and i will try to get the date, maybe we can be there. if it didn't already happen secret photo shoots are what these guys are all about now adays lol

Waiting for an update---I'm 2 hrs from Glamis---Except for your post, have seen nothing else pointing in that direction---That is what PoPo did with the 900---They came to Glamis with 5-6 of them so folks could see em perform first hand---Passed out t-shirts and junk etc---While AC keeps playing their insidious little game---PoPo just keeps ringing up the sales and public awareness and good reports of their product---PoPo may not take this as a serious threat at all---They may even just keep the 900 as is with just a few tweaks for 2012---There's nothing else out there to beat---They hold the big stick as it is and I'm sure they have another even bigger and better in the backroom just waiting to release when they feel the least bit threatened---After all their foolish lame attempts at promoting the Wildcat, it will have to be letter perfect to gain any interest---Any noticeable flaw and it will cause the whole effort to go upside down fast---In theory it sounds like a great little buggy but does anyone really care anymore????????

Happy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts