Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hubby and I have a 2007 arctic cat prowler! we love it. we use it for recreation as much as working on our small ranch! BUT our "toy" as we call it has died. it is a 650hi. we have had the cdi box , statter, all wire connectors, key switch, relays, coils, to no avail? we still don't have any spark? if there is someone out there has any idea please, please save our baby. our 3 grand daughters will love you so very much!!!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum, what happened when it quit running? Were you driving it at the time or did it just not start one day.

Here are some of the trouble shooting from my repair manual, there's another person on here having similar issues.

Electrical Section:
Problem: Spark absent or weak
Condition/ Remedy
1. Ignition coil defective 1. Replace ignition coil
2. Spark plug defective 2. Replace plug
3. Magneto defective 3. Replace magneto
4. CDI unit defective 4. Replace CDI unit
5. Pick-up coil defective 5. Replace pick-up coil

If you need a repair manual you can download a free one here:
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family ,,we will get you up and running,,someone will chime in ,,the only thing I can help you with is hitting the buy now button,,:D HEY GUYS.WE NEED TECH SUPPORT!!!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are familiar with the Cat Motor, but how are you checking for spark? Is it weak, or none? DE3 knows the 650 very well! The forum will help.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the forum, what happened when it quit running? Were you driving it at the time or did it just not start one day.

Here are some of the trouble shooting from my repair manual, there's another person on here having similar issues.

Electrical Section:
Problem: Spark absent or weak
Condition/ Remedy
1. Ignition coil defective 1. Replace ignition coil
2. Spark plug defective 2. Replace plug
3. Magneto defective 3. Replace magneto
4. CDI unit defective 4. Replace CDI unit
5. Pick-up coil defective 5. Replace pick-up coil

If you need a repair manual you can download a free one here:
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"
Great info Mike.:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
my hubby and I have a 2007 arctic cat prowler! we love it. we use it for recreation as much as working on our small ranch! BUT our "toy" as we call it has died. it is a 650hi. we have had the cdi box , statter, all wire connectors, key switch, relays, coils, to no avail? we still don't have any spark? if there is someone out there has any idea please, please save our baby. our 3 grand daughters will love you so very much!!!
You say you don't have any spark,is that coming out of the plug wire or is that looking at the plug still in the cap when you're rolling the motor over.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just talked to a buddy of mine that is a mechanic for A/C and he said with all the parts you have replaced,it's either in the wiring harness or the fly wheel,and he said it is very rare that the fly wheel goes bad.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sorry no help on the diagnosis , but welcome to the house.

so guys now we have a lady on board so we have to watch the language LOL [I know should anyway]

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
sorry no help on the diagnosis , but welcome to the house.

so guys now we have a lady on board so we have to watch the language LOL [I know should anyway]
I'm sure Mike will keep you in line....but who's going to put the muzzle on him:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts