Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
due to my recent decision to do a full body off restoration on my old landcruiser i needed another buggy for the bush, figured a side by side would fit the bill and a recent sale at a local shop put an 09 700 efi xtx le into my hands. i also got the plow with it which allows me to also retire my old 3/4 gmc truck which is only used to do mine and a couple other driveways.

so far im loving the toy, afraid it might take to much time away from actually restoring my cruiser but at least ill be having fun.

one question i can think of is, is it normal to have a bunch of not quite but close to grinding noises when doing an abrupt stop? i cant quite make out if its from the gearbox or the rear diff doing a disengage or reengage or not, figured it is normal but since its new i dont want to let something slide past warranty fix

jeff

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Seth, I will let you listen to mine next time we are out. I have replaced rotor and pads and still have the noise. I believe my dad's atv does it as well. Just not as noisy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
it is a normal sound no need to worry about it it is just annoying it is in the trans and it is like a ratchet type gear in ther because the 09 and older models have the brake on the drive shaft and it dose it so if you realy put the binderes too it it ratchets instead of just shearing the gears in the trans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts