Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I picked up a new XTZ on Saturday and damn is this thing a blast!!! I dropped it off at korporate x on Monday so Ray can make my new cage. I'm having him build a 2 seat pre-runner style cage with a hard top and can't wait to see it. I have a couple questions about this thing I hope you guys can answer for me.

1. I am going to run 5 Eagle Eye HID's in a light bar and a Rugged Radio's 2 place intercom. Will the stock charging system be able to handle this or will I need to do an alternator set up?

2. I have read about the overheating issuses and I want to remove the winch plate. How did you guys do this with it being welded in?

Thanks
Andrew
only pic I have right now
xtz.jpg
light bar
light bar.jpg

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Congrats, on the new prowler.I don't know for sure but my guess would be the stock charging system will not do it.Not sure sure if a second battery would be enough to get you through the night so it could charge back up during the day.My opinion would be to try it and see.I don't know maybe run three on one switch and the other two on another just in case five is too much.Maybe you could run to or three so it could recharge some.
Would love to see some photos of your cage when it is done.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you'd be fine. I assume they're 35 watt? HID's only draw a lot at initial startup. Once they're running, it's a pretty low amp draw. I would do at least 3 switches and wait a few seconds in between each when turning them on. The intercom is just like running a radio so it's super low draw too.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
if you get a battery tender and keep the battery charged up, you can run the lights for a while during the night. maybe 2 or 4 hours and then you start getting flickering and stuff.

this Arctic Cat charging system is better than my Rhino and I ran the lights and gps and stereo.

I will be running the rugged radios also, with a rigid 40 inch and a 10 inch amber all on separate switches of course. I am starting with two batteries, it that doesn't work its a alternator.

It all adds weight and that is the enemy

·
Registered
149 Posts
if you get a battery tender and keep the battery charged up, you can run the lights for a while during the night. maybe 2 or 4 hours and then you start getting flickering and stuff.

this Arctic Cat charging system is better than my Rhino and I ran the lights and gps and stereo.

I will be running the rugged radios also, with a rigid 40 inch and a 10 inch amber all on separate switches of course. I am starting with two batteries, it that doesn't work its a alternator.

It all adds weight and that is the enemy
Hey GP, did you get my PM?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! I'll get some pics of the new cage up as soon as I get it back. I think I will try it with the stock battery only and if it doesn't work out I'll look at some different options. Any opinions on just running one of these XPC-400 Hour AGM Sealed Power Cell

·
Registered
438 Posts
Congrats on the new toy and the stock battery is junk .... our alternators should be done anyday sorry for the delays

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Choice

When adding the lights and radio be sure and add a ground strap from the battery to the frame.

Jim
www.bipolarracing.com
so what you are saying is get a ground strap and run it from the negative post on the battery and then directly to the frame? what do you think about the visionx replacement battery?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts