Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im gonna bring my rig home for a couple months so I can do a few things to it .some custom rock sliders,upper doors, heater,some guages, and more soundproofing:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I finding out the nerf bars were a mistake, they've become rock sliders (bent up on rocks). We'll see what happens first...I take them off or tear them off.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Yea they hang down, I put them on to make it easier for my wife and my mom to get in & out, my wife had severe arthritis in her knee and my mom everywhere, I doubt my mom ever tries to ride it again.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have replacement sliders made from aluminum I bought used from ? on here [been a while] ... I haven't installed yet do to my body issues but will when I get back north ... anyway my stock sliders are also rock magnets and have some serious dents in the leading edges ... thinking I might reinstall them over the plate sliders for additional nerf bar ... BTW the stock slider on driver side actually stopped the rig from going over on it's side last year.. coming out of a deep rut front tires got a bit rowdy as I was in full throttle mode ... very steep hill and the rut was so deep I was almost touching the wall with my shoulder ... anyway as it climbed the wall to get out I got sideways and it wanted to roll, the front tires had cleared the bank and semi high centered itself but at a roll over angle.. the nerf/rock slider was what heald it from laying over on it's side .... the funny part is this was the exact same rut that I rolled it on it's side a couple years ago coming out of... guess I need to do that one several more times til I get it right LOL

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Might have to look at those, be strictly for getting in and out of the rig. Also looking at a grab bar for the drivers side similar to the passenger side so I quit grabbing the steering wheel when getting in!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have replacement sliders made from aluminum I bought used from ? on here [been a while] ... I haven't installed yet do to my body issues but will when I get back north ... anyway my stock sliders are also rock magnets and have some serious dents in the leading edges ... thinking I might reinstall them over the plate sliders for additional nerf bar ... BTW the stock slider on driver side actually stopped the rig from going over on it's side last year.. coming out of a deep rut front tires got a bit rowdy as I was in full throttle mode ... very steep hill and the rut was so deep I was almost touching the wall with my shoulder ... anyway as it climbed the wall to get out I got sideways and it wanted to roll, the front tires had cleared the bank and semi high centered itself but at a roll over angle.. the nerf/rock slider was what heald it from laying over on it's side .... the funny part is this was the exact same rut that I rolled it on it's side a couple years ago coming out of... guess I need to do that one several more times til I get it right LOL
Gary I think that's what you need to do.:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Might have to look at those, be strictly for getting in and out of the rig. Also looking at a grab bar for the drivers side similar to the passenger side so I quit grabbing the steering wheel when getting in!
They say grabbing the wheel when you get in it is what tears up the tilt steering.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How you gonna do your rock sliders.
I don't know I haven't figured it out yet ,,ill do some playing around with it when I get it home:D

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Yeah, I heard that tears the tilt steering up! And it gives me something else that keeps me out in the garage! All kidding aside, the wife has been helping on the Prowler, she made the vinyl bed cover, and helps with the cleaning! Sometimes you just have to have a third hand!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im thinking of 1 1/2 sqrare tube .so once i pait them its gonna match my bumpers

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
The nice thing about square stock is that it is easy to make a change in direction! Hard to do with round stock unless you have a bender.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will mount them right to the sqare tube of the frame right below the doors

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yeah, I heard that tears the tilt steering up! And it gives me something else that keeps me out in the garage! All kidding aside, the wife has been helping on the Prowler, she made the vinyl bed cover, and helps with the cleaning! Sometimes you just have to have a third hand!
That's great she helps out,wife said I am to picky for her to help me.:D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's a good project!!:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts