Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, nice to be in the group!! Now then I have a 650 H1 Prowler that Im fairly satisfied with other than some power loss that Im trying to regain with the help of EPi cluthing, Dynatek ignition, Slideplate mod, and K&N. But I recently had the Prowler in water just over the floorboards and it cut out and died, I had to hold the petal to the floor to get it started and it cleared up after a minute or so. But it happened again later in the same instance. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site! I've got an '07 650 and ran into the same problem this summer, hit some deep water and it would sputtered and died took a bit to get it going again. This happened several times that trip and always when I hit deep water. When I got home I started checking all electrical connections and putting die-electric grease on them. Then I read an article about the same issue with another brand and what it said was because of the intake location when you hit deep water all the steam caused by the exhaust and engine is being sucked into the intake and it takes a while to clear out the moisture. So your best bet is to snorkel it. I hope to get this done to mine to see if it solves my problem, it's only happened the one time when I was hitting the deep stuff, hard and fast.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Snorkels would be a idea if you frequent water spots. They can be purchased, or do like most have done, build your own. I used 2" PVC on mine, and have less than 35.00 dollars in them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, does anyone have a supply list for snorkeling these? also with a new muffler and snorkels and slide plate mod, what jetting should I try?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks guys, does anyone have a supply list for snorkeling these? also with a new muffler and snorkels and slide plate mod, what jetting should I try?
Welcome to the best prowler site,I also have a 2006 when I was using my stock carb I had exhaust,CDI and Epi clutch kit,and the intake snorkled,I used a 152 main jet stock is a 132 main jet,and I went up one size on the pilot jet.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house .. the new guy brings a load of wood for the fire .. your turn

sit a spell and throw some BS with the rest of us , watch the ^^ guy above he will run ya crazy with typing speed and post count :)

fill in location and signature lines , saves us having to ask questions to reply to questions .... we're a bunch of old farts and have CRS [or at least I do]

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
As far as parts for a snorkel, everything I used was from Lowes. 2" PVC Pipe and fittings, and a couple of FERNCO fittings (Double Clamp rubber connector), I used 2 AC rubber 90's for the intake, and then transitioned to PVC. Some of the Prowlers have a square tube crossmember behind the engine that makes it difficult to route the pipes around, but it is doable! I lucked out and had a round tube crossmember which provides more room. I've seen the crossmembers for sale, and also new ones at 45.00 dollars.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
I'd think the CDI box would give you more gains, removes the rev limiter, re-curved ignition, and a better spark. Just my thoughts!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Yeah, we are lost, but were making good time! LMAO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all, I just installed my clutch kit and did the carb slide mod and wasnt really impressed with the gains other than really low geared but no noticable throttle reponse improvement. I am going to order the cdi box and see what happens, I will update, any reccomendations are welcome!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks all, I just installed my clutch kit and did the carb slide mod and wasnt really impressed with the gains other than really low geared but no noticable throttle reponse improvement. I am going to order the cdi box and see what happens, I will update, any reccomendations are welcome!!
I did the carb slide also on my stock carb,I never noticed any difference either..........it takes a combination from all mods to see a big difference......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts