Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new HDX 700 limited a couple days ago and love it so far. I also like having a good forum to go to for tips and info, you can't beat first hand experience.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your HDX, great machine! I have a 2009 XTX, the 700 engine has worked flawlessly for 6,000 miles. Regular maintenance will keep you running for years to come! Enjoy the ride! This is the best site going for Prowler information, and entertainment!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site, the HDX seems to be a popular choice for new Prowler owners.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just picked up a new HDX 700 limited a couple days ago and love it so far. I also like having a good forum to go to for tips and info, you can't beat first hand experience.
Welcome to the best prowler site,great members and a lot of good info,hope you enjoy your new HDX here where I live the HDX is the most sold in the A/C line up the wildcat is very close.keep in touch.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome home bashley

do yourself a favor .. fill in your signature lines and location so as you ask questions we don't have to ask a question to answer a question or ride area questions ect.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the family

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the family

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome from a fellow newbie and 700HDX owner.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
177 Posts
To hdx owners, does your fuse box get real hot after about 45 min ride?Can't seem to solve my fuse problem and dealer seems to feel that a hot fuse box is nrmal.I MEAN SO HOT YOU CAN HARDLY TOUCH IT.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
To hdx owners, does your fuse box get real hot after about 45 min ride?Can't seem to solve my fuse problem and dealer seems to feel that a hot fuse box is nrmal.I MEAN SO HOT YOU CAN HARDLY TOUCH IT.
I would not think that is normal,if you cant hardly touch it.:confused:

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Is there any clutch air out duct near the fuse box? That and the exhaust would be the major items that could transfer heat. I would think a short producing that much heat would melt wires. Time for a heat shield if all else fails.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is there any clutch air out duct near the fuse box? That and the exhaust would be the major items that could transfer heat. I would think a short producing that much heat would melt wires. Time for a heat shield if all else fails.
Machine is at dealers but I believe clutch exhaust is right there.Heat shield is next if dealer does nothing which I suspect will be the case.I'm also going to take lower storage box off to allow more air flow in that area.I've already taken box off right side as the door broke off.Will just put some mud flaps there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've only got one good ride in on mine and the seat/ underseat area is extremely hot. I didn't feel the fuse box but if it's as hot as other things in the area it can't be good. There's not enough air flow to get rid of the engine/ exhaust heat. I also noticed the clutch vent is right next to the exhaust, which I wouldn't imagine is helpful in eliminating clutch heat.
First thing I've done so far is pull the seat, and plastic pan under it, and put foil tape under both. Next I plan on ducting the clutch vent to cooler air. If anyone has other ideas or experiences please share.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That is pretty much the path I've taken on mine (2009 XTX), Most of the heat on mine was clutch heat as the exhaust was down, and behind the seats. Instead of the engine under the seat, I insulated the dog house and surrounding areas. I did add heat shields over, and around the exhaust plus I wrapped the exhaust with header wrap. Overall it helped to reduce the noise, and greatly reduced the heat.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I wrapped the header on mine but the bed still gets very hot. I might add another heat shield to mine, did you wrap the muffler also?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
No, just the header pipe, the LTE mufflers don't seem to get hot. Biggest gain was the 010 dust shield, and adding the snorkel to get the clutch air out from under/behind the seats. I did add heat shields around the exhaust, that helped a little. On the 09, AC put reflective heat shield above the muffler, not sure about other models/years.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Our older models have the short header pipe and the stock muffler running down the right side under the bed. Even with the factory heat shield the bed can get too hot to hold your hand on it.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Thermotech makes a header blanket that uses stainless steel clamps to secure to mufflers, headers, and so on. I put one on the secondary battery enclosure which is 3 inches from the header. Outside temp is 375-400, inside temp is 90-100. Easy to attach, and comes in different size blankets.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts