Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just received my new AC XTX 700 and I have a question. When braking I get a grinding like sound like someone trying to shift into gear without using a clutch. My dealer says this is normal at higher speeds when braking, but mine does it at all speeds. He does want to see and hear it. He says it’s because the rear brake is stopping the driveshaft out of the transmission but the rear wheels still have momentum, so there is some slippage in the rear differential, or something like gear lashing, which he says is normal. My question, is this normal???? Thanks.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Welcome to the Prowler family. What year? The drive line brake works good. Some members have had chattering issues and a few other noises. It has been a few things, warraped rotor, glazed and worn out pads. Some have serviced the pads with aftermarket and the problem went away. I have a 2006 650 with 3020 miles and I am doing my first rear brake serice so they do work. The parking brake has to be adjust every once in a while to maintain good holding. Give it a day or so and some of the members will chime in. Have a great holiday weekend.
Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. The pads may need a little time to setttle in. I have a 2006 and they have had a few updates for mine, rotor, anti rattle spring kit. Only heard about these, I have not had to do them so I can tell you they fixed the rattling issues. With 3020 miles on mine I am now servicing my rear rotor and worn pads, looking into the spring upgrade. Let me know what you come up with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
193 Posts
i installed a new rear rotor on mine, and new pads all the way around, it already had the spring kit in it, and the chattereing has stoped wile braking . my original rotor was warped. i beleive that was my problem. i have noticed since, wile in low gear going down hill on the brakes i can make it chatter a little bit. ive gotten used to it. deffinitly such a new machine, let the dealer deal with it and save yourself a headache

1 - 6 of 6 Posts