Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new sway bar bushings from Garage Products......great fit and really tight,The factory cat bushings were junk from the git go,you can rattle the sway in the showroom..........The owner John Archer ask me to test fit his sway bar bushings before he puts them in production.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
good idea on the tow shackle n zip tie when wheeling .. I use one front n rear on securing mine sideways on my flatbed truck one strap each way pulling in opposite directions, then I add a strap on each end to pull them down and the act as wheel chocks while at it. this rig ain't moving period !! I use straps that have chains the last couple feet each end.

back to the sway bar bushings ... why did you install them ? problems with your stock ones ?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
RANCHO used to carry them in different sizes! Tightening the mounting points and allowing rotation of the bar is a good bet!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good idea on the tow shackle n zip tie when wheeling .. I use one front n rear on securing mine sideways on my flatbed truck one strap each way pulling in opposite directions, then I add a strap on each end to pull them down and the act as wheel chocks while at it. this rig ain't moving period !! I use straps that have chains the last couple feet each end.

back to the sway bar bushings ... why did you install them ? problems with your stock ones ?
Gary,The factory ones were way out of tolerance,you could move the sway bar up and down in the bushings,These bushings from garage products are oil filled.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Oh Ok got it , I need to do a close inspection of mine after the rock fest run I made a couple weekends ago at a charity ride .. I'm sure things are loose and bolts missing after that run .. beat on it bad for many miles over a desert boulder field , that loop was about 20+ miles and all large rock/boulders ... like to shook my wife's boobs off sure glad we have suspension seat and shoulder belts for her bad back or I would still be hearing about that from her

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
When we rode in Quartzsite, we were bounced all over the place! Poor Rhino we borrowed was a 450cc machine! We were in the company of 800/900 RZR's! Very hard to keep up, but we sure give it Hell trying! We were both sore for a week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts