Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pulled the trigger on a new kia rio 5 door hatchback I got the sx version,its got the handling package,17'' wheels 165 HP 1.6 direct gas injection,with 11.1 pistons nice little ride,by by ford focus it was a good car been driving for 7 years been everywhere in it.140,000 miles ZX3 version.it was starting to nickle and dime us.I liked the kia warranty 10 years 100,000 mile warranty.36 mph probably not with me driving.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
congrats man!! hope ypu pick it up before i pick my new prowler up!!:(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,they told me it would take 2 days to locate it,all they had was the EX version.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did they include the Flame paintjob and wheelie bars? :D

just pulled the trigger on a new kia rio 5 door hatchback I got the sx version,its got the handling package,17'' wheels 165 HP 1.6 direct gas injection,with 11.1 pistons nice little ride,by by ford focus it was a good car been driving for 7 years been everywhere in it.140,000 miles ZX3 version.it was starting to nickle and dime us.I liked the kia warranty 10 years 100,000 mile warranty.36 mph probably not with me driving.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice they make a good car. there owned by Hyundai. I'm going to get a good GMC Car through a friend of mine who has his dealer license. I'd buy a Dodge but Gm's will last longer and have better resale value. I maybe getting a new career in sales at a BRP dealer. so have to switch to ski doo quads and sleds. Have to believe in the product I'm selling. LOL

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
We bought a KIA Sprectra back in 2003, 10 year - 100,000 mile warranty that we never had to use! Only thing I replaced was a power window switch. 145,000 miles on it and still running perfect! Its almost as much fun as the Prowler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
congrats on your purchase

never sat in one , how much interior room is there / will a normal sized guy [6'7" and 300ish lbs ] fit in one ?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congrats on your purchase

never sat in one , how much interior room is there / will a normal sized guy [6'7" and 300ish lbs ] fit in one ?
Iam not sure gary,Iam 6' and have plenty of room.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We bought a KIA Sprectra back in 2003, 10 year - 100,000 mile warranty that we never had to use! Only thing I replaced was a power window switch. 145,000 miles on it and still running perfect! Its almost as much fun as the Prowler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea ,I bought the daughter a 2006 kia spectra a couple years ago for a collage car haven't had to touch it yet.I should have mine tuesday depending on weather, its at another lot 150 miles away,and they dont want to get it monday if the roads are salted.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Yeah the 2003 was our first experience with a KIA, the wife had a dodge that she was driving to work and it was costing about 100 a month to keep it dependable, we bought the KIA new for less than 10 grand, and I figured it to be a throw away car! Well 10 years later, and it is still going strong. We are looking at cars now, but will keep the Kia for daily transport! 36-38 MPG, and a ten gallon tank at all bad!!!!!!!!!!Good Luck on the car! RD

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Mike

I have a 2011 Sonata Turbo and it's been very reliable and the Hyundai customer service is top notch. With a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty it's hard to beat. I paid 4k less then the nearest competitor and the car looks better and performs better. It's a 2.0 liter turbo motor making 274 hp and yet I still get 35 miles per gallon. I bought as my airport car since my truck kept getting broken into. I am very happy with the Hyundai products. My friend bought the Kia Optima which is the same car and he loves it. Coming from a guy that drove BMW's and Mercedes that's hard to believe but it's true. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mike

I have a 2011 Sonata Turbo and it's been very reliable and the Hyundai customer service is top notch. With a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty it's hard to beat. I paid 4k less then the nearest competitor and the car looks better and performs better. It's a 2.0 liter turbo motor making 274 hp and yet I still get 35 miles per gallon. I bought as my airport car since my truck kept getting broken into. I am very happy with the Hyundai products. My friend bought the Kia Optima which is the same car and he loves it. Coming from a guy that drove BMW's and Mercedes that's hard to believe but it's true. Enjoy your new ride.
I have a 2011 Sonata as well minus the insurance turbo. Good car, full size inside, plenty of storage in trunk.:) and it looks similar to the C series Mercedes 'cept a lot more affordable. Profile looks better than C series.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my zx3 focus was a good car, in the last 40,000 miles its cost me 2200 dollars worth of parts to keep it in top shape,and now its got a bearing going bad in the 5 speed.its time to send it down the road,if not from that I would keep it.we had our minds set on a new dodge dart it was in the same price range as the kia I liked.so we drove the dart, it had a 1.4 turbo,AND not to cut anybodys ride down,I think my prowler would out run it in a 1/8 mile race.commercials can really fool you.:)

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
my girlfreind has a 2012 chev cruze with a 1.4 TURBO ..and that thing cant get out of its own way,,,but we do get 38 mpg........

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my girlfreind has a 2012 chev cruze with a 1.4 TURBO ..and that thing cant get out of its own way,,,but we do get 38 mpg........
my brother bought a 2012 cruze with the 1.6 non turbo and it runs good.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
oh it runs great just no get up and go

1 - 20 of 27 Posts