Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took a trip to Ocotillo Wells for the weekend. This was the first time with the Walker Evans shocks and springs installed. The difference in ride was more than I expected. I had smiles on my face all weekend.
No so much of a smile on my friends face riding his 07 650 H1 though. While riding close to camp his left front axle flew off :eek::mad:. That was before he had a chance to get out and have fun. He had to be the camp queen for the rest of the weekend :eek::(. I wonder what would make that happen?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as details, I bought front and rear Walker Evans shocks/springs and they were set up from the Walker Evans shop in Riverside Calif. I told them I have a full roll bar, and no rear seat. Most of the time there are two people riding, a cooler and my 70 pound dog in the back. I also told them we are not sand blasters, we enjoy back country trails exploring the local desert and Baja trails. Also, I told them I will be hauling around a spare tire as soon as I can find a good deal on one. With that information they set the spring size and adjustment for the front and rear of my Prowler. The setup seems to be right on the money. Now I need to do some dialing in with the manual adjustment.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Did they install ok? Thought someone else got them on here and said he had to mount them upside down?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear shocks are installed upside down. I have seen others and the rear shocks are also installed upside down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts