Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I when out and bought some new tires for my ride. Since we don't have a dessert to ride in I got me something a little more agresive for what we like to play in and that's mud,floating land, ceadar bog, swamp. I ordered them from precision power sports best price out there. 28 swamplites on ss312 rims. Now I have some clearence. I did rip a boot on the weekend and need to get it changed. I tried to get the nut off of the rear axle and it's like they welded the darn thing on. I had a racket with a long bar and me standing on it. It won't move. guess I am forced to take it to the dealer. If I break it then it's my fault if they break it then it's there fault.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I when out and bought some new tires for my ride. Since we don't have a dessert to ride in I got me something a little more agresive for what we like to play in and that's mud,floating land, ceadar bog, swamp. I ordered them from precision power sports best price out there. 28 swamplites on ss312 rims. Now I have some clearence. I did rip a boot on the weekend and need to get it changed. I tried to get the nut off of the rear axle and it's like they welded the darn thing on. I had a racket with a long bar and me standing on it. It won't move. guess I am forced to take it to the dealer. If I break it then it's my fault if they break it then it's there fault.
Pretty sure the torque is over 200ft/lbs. You really gotta put some pressure on it. You do know there is a cotter pin?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'm getting a set of Pit Bull Rocker Ubers .. I hope this week
only one dealer in the 100 mile radius here/ Northern Idaho .. and they won't take a prepay sale , and sell through their inventory quick .. geeees order more for pete's sake .. AND will not call when they get them in

it was between them and Maxxis Big Horns .. we'll see if they are worth the high price they get for the Rockers.

also ordered new 350 lb springs for the rear to stop the damn sagging and add a lil more weight capasity for my fat azz LOL

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a set of the swamp lites on my XTZ they are greal mud tires and great on hills not so great with rocks they do tend to puncture easily and they flat out suck on the highway they wear quickly on the black top so be warned. and those pit bull rockers are just plain mean ass tires if you have a set of bead locks you can get back to camp with 0 air in them due to that 8 ply sidewall but they will still puncture and go flat just not as flat. :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I know there is a cotter pin. Did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday. I like them for what we do sand,mud,swamp,crawl. No hyways to run on where it is parked. Find it easier to steer than with the mudbug radials. Rides a little stiffer with out radials. Got my boot fixed at the dealer. Going to have to find a better impact than the one I have. i'm going to make myself some boot protectors when I get a minute. got a rzr I'm repairing from an accedent for a friend and next week got another prowler to lift so pretty busy to work on my own stuff. pretty soon the white stuff will be here and everything else I needed to do gets put on hold. Man my day jobs getting in the way of my personal life. lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm sure they fit on the stock machine. I have the same tire and size and mine clears just fine. And PX3 your gonna love these tires. Down here in bama we have some pretty mean mud ourselves (when not in a drought like now) and these things do great. I've ridden mud, trails, hard pack, and rock. They've done great for me in all situations. Knock on wood, i've been pretty rough on mine and hadn't had one puncture yet. They may end up wearing quicker than i would like b/c of the softer rubber, but the softer rubber also makes them go better in the bad stuff.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i will do normal trail ridding ,we dont have sand pits or desert but need agressive tires for hunting season,moose camp is hard to get there without stucking, in the winter we have lots of snow and to get to ride in federated trails they dont allow radial tires

thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
222 Posts
what size are you 28"s are they 9 in front and 11 at rear?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bet they are. Thats the only size mine came in. I wanted to go 10 and 12 but didn't offer it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well got rid of the swamp lites went back to a 26" tire. My back can't take it. I bought duro power grips radials 26 x 12 x 14 rear and 26 x 10 x 14 fronts. Got the ride back now I just need to heal the back.:D Forgot to mention axles don't like swamp lites. Can't afford to keep putting them in.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
They look Good!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well got rid of the swamp lites went back to a 26" tire. My back can't take it. I bought duro power grips radials 26 x 12 x 14 rear and 26 x 10 x 14 fronts. Got the ride back now I just need to heal the back.:D Forgot to mention axles don't like swamp lites. Can't afford to keep putting them in.
I've never heard that the swamp lites was bad about breaking axles. I haven't had any probs (knock on wood). I know that tires such as mudzilla, outlaws, and especially the silverbacks are known for breaking axles.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Are they gone or for sale?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tried to tell ya PX3 the Pit Bull Growler has the same tread design only its a 8 ply radial and rides like a dream no more whomp whomp whomp when you take off. I have had the stock goodyears that cam on it then I had Swamplites, then I had Bighorns. none of these even compare to these Pit Bulls, they hook like a beast are very quiet on the road and make the big cat a little more stable with the 8 ply. and they are a BIG 27.5, they stand taller than the 28" swamplite.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts