Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new plow from Cabelas. It's a 60" wide universal mount.
Fits like it was made for a prowler. They have it on special for $350 complete with blade , push bars. Smokin deal compared to others online.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That is a good price! Have to look at our Cabelas.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just got my new plow from Cabelas. It's a 60" wide universal mount.
Fits like it was made for a prowler. They have it on special for $350 complete with blade , push bars. Smokin deal compared to others online.
That is a good price.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Hell ya! Mine was $650...

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I'm never at the right place at the right time!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Johan, did you get yours yet?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
The Prowlers do a pretty good job! I used to do my drive with my garden tractor. It took 3-4 hours to do, and then I was sore for a week! Prowler does it in 30 minutes, and I have fun with it!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
My cable broke at the point of contact with the fairlead rollers, 2 weeks ago when I was plowing. I just repaired it with a few cable clamps and rolled the repair with some electrical tape. So, I suggest buying a few clamps and tossing them and an old 3/8 wrench in the glove box. A buddies (Mudman, RD) also broke his winch rope, the same day. we just noose tied it and he was up and running in a matter of seconds. I think that rope is the way to go.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I use a short section of steel cable 10-15 feet for winter plow duty, and keep the synthetic rope and fairhead for summer use. The cable has a grooved wheel for a fairhead for winter use.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did try to adjust my front suspensions to the hardest option, but it didnt move. I stoped trying becouse wouldnt break anything. I did lift the wheels off the ground when i did it. Do I need to remove the bolt on either upper/ lower suspension as well? I have the wrench

·
Registered
518 Posts
The snow plows do put a LOT of wear and tear on the winch cable or synthetic rope. I've found the most important thing is to make sure you don't recoil it too much when bringing the plow back up. It's hard to see how close the cable is getting to the fairlead at times. Most of the synthetic ropes come with a protective sleeve. Make sure that sucker is what is taking the wear and tear through your fairlead and it will protect the rope.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I have a big set of channel locks that I use, the collars can be hard to turn at times! Usually just getting the weight off is enough!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
a good friend of mine owns a Rhino , had the same issue ... ended up with a L shaped bracket with a pully / roller on top .. it's about 36" tall and hooks into the front receiver .. he removes his winch synthetic rope and puts in a short one that goes up and over the above mentioned pully .. all the wear and tear is now gone and he can see when he is close to the end also ... less wear and tear on the winch and rope that kept getting shorter do to breakage and best of all that will speed up the lift so that speeds up the plow time ....

same friend now has my CJ7 jeep with the new Myers plow parked at his place to use until I get it back to me.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I did try to adjust my front suspensions to the hardest option, but it didnt move. I stoped trying becouse wouldnt break anything. I did lift the wheels off the ground when i did it. Do I need to remove the bolt on either upper/ lower suspension as well? I have the wrench
My front adjusted easy by just jacking up the front end. I have to compress the springs on the rear to adjust them, the first time I tried without compressing I broke off one of the tabs on the shock and had to replace it.

I don't think removing the bolt will help you any, you might try compressing the springs to relieve more pressure. I used ratchet straps to compress my rear shocks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My front adjusted easy by just jacking up the front end. I have to compress the springs on the rear to adjust them, the first time I tried without compressing I broke off one of the tabs on the shock and had to replace it.

I don't think removing the bolt will help you any, you might try compressing the springs to relieve more pressure. I used ratchet straps to compress my rear shocks.
Think compressing the springs will work out. Thanks! If I figure out how to do it. Can you try explain what ratchet straps are?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts