Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a more aggressive tire on my 700 xtx manly for mud .i don't drive in 3ft deep stuff, but was a little disappointed in the factory tires i don't know whether to go bigger or just stay with the factory size just more aggressive any feedback will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Huh, how big do you wanna go???
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

·
Registered
85 Posts
it really depends on where and how you ride...since your talking about mud...if your staying stock..no lift..assuming your staying with 14" rim..i would say:
strictly for mud .. gorilla silverbacks or highlifter outlaws
light mud more general riding .. mudlite or zilla or highlifter MST

·
Registered
155 Posts
mud lites are good tires, had them on my atv and loved them! another worth looking at are the swamp lites, when i upgrade my stock tires i think i'm going with those.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had the swamplites on my king quad and they burned off quick. I'm not a fan of them.

I put Grim Reapers on my Prowler and with over 800 miles of various terrain they still look new.

As far as what size you've got to decide how you want it to look. I went with 27's myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the swamplites on my king quad and they burned off quick. I'm not a fan of them.

I put Grim Reapers on my Prowler and with over 800 miles of various terrain they still look new.

As far as what size you've got to decide how you want it to look. I went with 27's myself.
any noticeable power loss with the 28's . I don't want to have to use 4 low all the time, i know it is necessary some times. but i want to still be able to get through small mud holes with out stopping to gear down .

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I just put on the 27x11 and 27x9 mudlite xtr's and they are awesome.

I was in 2 hi all saturday and with the old stock tires I for sure would have to have been in 4.
I went through some pretty big mud holes.

On the trail I found a guy on a 660 griz stuck giving her the old side to side # in a spot I had been through 3hrs b4 in 2wd.
I pulled up to him in 2wd then put it in 4 and pushed him right back out of the pit.

I really like these tires. Seems they did slow the machine down though.
But I ride in 2wd where 4wd and stock tires have had a hard time in the past.

I have a 08 650xt

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well I've got a machined sheave to get back low end so about the only thing I lost was maybe a little top speed.

No low end power loss at all with the 27's. Only use low when I want more control or major climbs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
......I had the swamplites on my king quad and they burned off quick. I'm not a fan of them...

like Plowboy stated, depends on how and where you ride, if you are mostly in mud they should last a while. if you like to hang it side ways lots then yea harder rubber would suite you best ! it boils down to ones riding style imo

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have some new 27 inch mud traks so far i am impressed and figure to get many miles of use. the only negative is no rim guard like some brands, and they are made by itp for sti.
tim

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey farmboy. Sounds like you do the same kind of riding that i do. Unless you want to break down alot, don't go with the silverbacks. Unless u plan on upgrading your axles. The outlaws are great tires for the mud, as well as the zillas, but they will ride very ruff in hard pack trails. I have swamplites and absolutely love them. They do very well in the mud and ride quality is awesome. They do well on hard pack, and even do well in rocks. Paddle mud tires don't do well in rocks. I had some gators on a rincon in the past and tires with that tread design, (gators,outlaws, etc.) don't climb rocky, loose soil hills very good. I have the 28's and i didn't loose much power at all. Maybe a little on top end, but in low in the mud she still pulls hard and spins them plenty fast enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey farmboy. Sounds like you do the same kind of riding that i do. Unless you want to break down alot, don't go with the silverbacks. Unless u plan on upgrading your axles. The outlaws are great tires for the mud, as well as the zillas, but they will ride very ruff in hard pack trails. I have swamplites and absolutely love them. They do very well in the mud and ride quality is awesome. They do well on hard pack, and even do well in rocks. Paddle mud tires don't do well in rocks. I had some gators on a rincon in the past and tires with that tread design, (gators,outlaws, etc.) don't climb rocky, loose soil hills very good. I have the 28's and i didn't loose much power at all. Maybe a little on top end, but in low in the mud she still pulls hard and spins them plenty fast enough.
thanks for the input sounds like 27 or 28 with mildly aggresive tread (swamp lite) should work fine .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts