Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Love the look of those tires, same pattern as the bighorn but a flatter contact patch. I was eyeing them up as well for mine. Let us know how they work for you, and what did they cost you per tire?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the look of those tires, same pattern as the bighorn but a flatter contact patch. I was eyeing them up as well for mine. Let us know how they work for you, and what did they cost you per tire?
I went one size wider than stock, 26-10-14 and 26-12-14. I wanted to go wider to protect the rim. They cost $365 delivered. Not had a chance to do anything but drive it into my storage building. Hopefully i'll go for a short ride tomorrow or monday.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nice tires....hopefully they work out for you. Keep us updated. Too bad about the lack of trailer clearance now. Where did you get the tires from?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ryan I have seats and belts if you need them for the cat.

Seth
I got the tires from www.rockymountainatv.com I originally thought they were a six ply but thats only in the smaller sizes. This size is four ply for some reason. The original goodyears were just 4 ply and they were clearly a more flexible and thinner carcass then the duros. Not sure if that means a better tire or not. I've got to fix the stud and lugnut the guy screwed up with his airgun before I can go for much of a ride.
Seth are you selling your stock seats/belts or some aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm finally getting over this darn cold and managed to get a little ride in on the new tires today. I have to say i'm pretty impressed so far. Just a little dartyness in the steering, but thats with 15 psi. I'll drop it down and see if that clears up. As far as traction HOLY CRAP ! I went to a strip mined area and started playing on one of the steep, almost vertical hills and managed to run out of balls long before I ran out of traction. Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow and i'll ride some more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts