Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just been looking around for a new set of shoes for my xtx... I do mostly trail riding with a few good mud holes to paw through here and there but I don't want anything overly aggressive that'll sacrifice too much of my ride quality.. The maxxis 2.0 caught my eye.. that and the interco Reptiles.. I guess i'm kinda looking for a "middle of the road" tire, something that'll get me through the mud but durable for the days when I stick to the hard pack trails.. just wondering what you guys recommend :) Thanks!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Big Horn 2.0s is what I have and love them and they arent as heavy as some tires.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
im running 28"swamplites from interco ,they have a pretty even but agressive pattern but they ride great and will climb just about anything .i ride a lot of fireroads and mountain terrain

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another vote for the Big Horns as far as for a little mud and a lot of trail riding. They came on the XTZ and I have put them thru some trails and mud, was really impressed.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
yes it does.. i got into a fight with a fence post bent over close to the ground ...needless to say ,the post won!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all your input!! looks like I'm going to decide between the Bighorns or the Mudlites! Thanks for the pics muddog! very nice looking prowler :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I run the ITP 27's, never had anything diff, seem to be a little squirrely over 30 mph, but awesome in mud & snow. My buddy runs the maxis and they dont get very good traction off trail, I find myself saying "come'on, its those tires" , I would say it comes down to your type of riding. Up in alaska there are very few trails- my 2cent

·
Registered
282 Posts
ITP swamplites that is---sorry

·
Registered
282 Posts
I guess there Mudlites-- will get it one of these post

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess there Mudlites-- will get it one of these post
I'm thinking more and more about these tires.. have you had any issues with cv's or universals wearing prematurely? they look like they would hook up pretty hard.. I run some pretty wicked swampy trails but when I'm at the camp theres a lot of hard pack and blast rock..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If you really want to know about tires, mud and breaking stuff I would go to Highlifter forums.com. I hope it ok to post this?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you really want to know about tires, mud and breaking stuff I would go to Highlifter forums.com. I hope it ok to post this?
I'll definitely check that out, thanks... What size are your big horn 2.0's? I'd like to have them in my stock size (26's) I checked them out and really liked them.. don't need a really crazy aggressive tire.. just something that'll get me through a few bad spots..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'll definitely check that out, thanks... What size are your big horn 2.0's? I'd like to have them in my stock size (26's) I checked them out and really liked them.. don't need a really crazy aggressive tire.. just something that'll get me through a few bad spots..
26 9 14 and 26 11 14 they do make them in a 27 but dont think they have been released to the public yet only Arctic Cat I think if I were to do it again I would go with the regular BIG Horns 26 9 14 all around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts