Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all happy to be here to get answers and news about a prowler. we currently have a 2006 h1 650. We have had a break problem and had the brakes modified at our dealer by going to dot5 fluid, new pads and drilling the rotors. We currently have the origional rotors but the centerline shaft rotor makes a noise now that it did not before. It stops and the brakes doesn't go out as eaisly as they did before but the new noise(like a threaded bolt being pulled thru a piece of metal) is a bit disturbing. The dealer says not to worry it is not a danger, my wife(the owner/driver) is upset about the noise. can we convert to 4 wheel brakes? Is this costly or just live with the noise. Would it help to go to the new durabar rotor and how hard would it be for someone to put one on thier self? Where we ride there is a lot of long steep downhills thus the mods because we were loosing the brakes a lot of the time. Thank Brian

·
Registered
682 Posts
If yours is a 06 im pretty sure it should have engine breaking so i dont know why your having a brake problem on down hill slopes. That being said, i dont know of any 4wheel disc conversion, but i bet it would be high dollar, and not worth the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hill i am talking about is a steep almost 1/2 mile long switchback hill. alot of side by sides have problems because of the sheer length ans grade of the hill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts