Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from hot Mesa Arizona. Cooler weather is in sight. I bought a 2008 Prowler XTX a few months ago that had 500 miles and now it has 800 miles. Six happy rides... I have always wanted a Prowler since I say them at the Bass Pro Shops. I did a little research into them as to what issues others were having and ProwlerTalk.net was one place I looked. I have had ATV’s and multiple Jeep Wranglers. I currently have a 2010 Wrangler that I use exploring Colorado/Utah.
When I bought the Prowler I asked the original owner if he ever had issues with the fuel pump and he said yes. He was able to fix the problem without having to replace the unit. Well the problem came back the other day. Prowler struggles to run and has no power. I disconnected the fuel line and I have very little gas flow and surely not the 43 psi required. The questions I have for all you that have replaced the fuel pump yourselves. Did you remove the floor to access the pump? I have a service manual but it was not clear on the pump replacement process. Were you able to fix the pump or did you buy a whole new unit? I read were it uses a Walbro pump but that is usually not the failure. Should I just go buy the overpriced new pump I see advertised on Ebay/Amazon and be done with it? Regards

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site! You may be able to get to the pump through the area under the passenger seat pan, but it would more than likely be better to remove the floor. I have never priced a pump so I'm in the dark there! It sure sounds like a pump failure.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the site! You may be able to get to the pump through the area under the passenger seat pan, but it would more than likely be better to remove the floor. I have never priced a pump so I'm in the dark there! It sure sounds like a pump failure.
Was the 2008 650 prowler F/I...........I didn't think the 650 was ever F/I/ if its not F/I the pump is under the passenger seat simple to change.I didn't think F/I started until 2009

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I can top that! I forget every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The root cause of the failed fuel pump has been found. The gaskets that seal the regulator to the pump are bad. Gas has caused them to corrode and fuel leaks “sprays” past them back into the tank. The gaskets are similar to o-rings but not the same, that would be to simple and inexpensive to fix. I ordered a new pump on Ebay. FYI – To get to the pump unscrew the seat base, the floor can remain in place.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Good to know, thanks for sharing. Get it back together, and go ride! Makes everything right in the world! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The root cause of the failed fuel pump has been found. The gaskets that seal the regulator to the pump are bad. Gas has caused them to corrode and fuel leaks “sprays” past them back into the tank. The gaskets are similar to o-rings but not the same, that would be to simple and inexpensive to fix. I ordered a new pump on Ebay. FYI – To get to the pump unscrew the seat base, the floor can remain in place.
I would say being a 2008 with only 800 miles on it now the fuel probably set in it for a long time.

Thanks for the info.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts