Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just picked up a new '09 Prowler 700 LE. I've owned a Honda Rincon quad, a Suzuki Vinson, and I've driven a Rhino.

My first impression of driving the Prowler (on pavement), was that it was real jerky. It wants to lurch forward unless the greatest of finesse is used on the pedal. Is this something that will ease up in time, or is it a characteristic of Prowlers that I'm going to have to get used to?

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think this is something you will get use too... i have an 07 and it took a couple time to get use to. ive had golf carts (no govenor) the Prowler is a lot snappier and faster. just give it a little time before you start not likeing it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Without the tires being able to break loose or slipping, such as in the dirt, it will display enough tire bite to make it feel jerky.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I used to be an atv rider,when i was younger, and as a convert I can say that it took me a couple of times on a side x side, as the previous riders said. The additional weight of the prowler makes it hook up a lot faster, so there is no tire slip. When you get used to it you will think atv,s drive funny. As far as the comparing it to a Rhino,The prowler tracks better than any whino i have driven at higher speeds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the replies! I'm already getting used to the throttle control better. The other thing I've noticed is that there is huge amount of engine noise...I guess I'll get to like that. Ha!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I gave the cat a thorough workout this weekend off road. I took it through many types of terrain including sand and boulders. The suspension and clearance was great, and power was fine. The seats were surprisingly comfortable. My steering wheel was turned about 45 deg. left when the wheels were straight. I corrected this when I got home by removing the wheel and realigning it on the splines correctly. Dealers shouldn't let these things leave their shops without checking this. The only downside I found to the Prowler was excessive engine noise. It's not so bad when you're just crawling at above idle, and not bad when it's wide open at 40 mph plus, but in the mid-range where most of the riding is done, it is way loud. I'll wear ear plugs next time out. I also replaced the seat belts on the rear rumble seat. The stock units loosened in their buckles after a few minutes of riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts