Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site! Best people in the world on here, and free advice! Sometimes we are even right! LOL

·
Registered
518 Posts
thank everyone for letting me become a member. Thanks :)
Well, we all talked it over, and even though you're from Iowa, we still decided to let you join.

:D

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome aboard .. good folks here and tons of knowledge

·
Registered
34 Posts
New guy on the block

Its the beginning of winter here in the rockies and I hope that by next spring I will be getting a new 2015 prowler. Has anyone see one yet. Since I am a big guy I am interested in leg and shoulder room

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Cowboy, Welcome to the site! Great to have new members! T think the leg room on the new prowler is the same as the older models, I'm 5"10" and like the seating on mine (2009 700 XTX Prowler), the wife needs some seat adjustment to make it better for her to drive. I've sat in the other brands, and compared to the Prowler they seem to be more upright on the seat back angle.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Its the beginning of winter here in the rockies and I hope that by next spring I will be getting a new 2015 prowler. Has anyone see one yet. Since I am a big guy I am interested in leg and shoulder room
you basically have only a couple choices for fitment .. us normal sized guys are at a loss as to why the Mfgs. don't think there are regular sized guys on this planet. seems like they could build a interior size we could all fit in whit just the addition of seat sliders. BTW there are a few of us on here with some size v/s the runts [just kidding guys] I'm 6'7" and 310 lbs so the Prowler was one of 2 choices for me fitment wise. and the other fell out do to the 4 wheel engagement system they use V/S ours that locks up via a switch.

welcome to the house lots of fellowship and knowledge here.

where is home ?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I looked for the new Prowlers at Bass Pro last week and didn't see any.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family!!!:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
welcome to the best prowler site....let us know about the new prowler,the reason i got got mine was that i needed the leg room........:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks for the responses

First off i am in a little cow due west of Pueblo about 60 miles.

We will know for sure in January but it appears that we are going to legalize utvs on our county roads. Since i live in the sticks, the roads even though they are maintained are always in terrible shape. I want the prowler to get me to and from town to save my pick up from the abuse.

In looking at some of the previous models, maybe with the drilling of some new seat bracket holes, the seat might slide back an inch. But i wont know if that will work until we see the new model.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I live in northern Michigan, and we are fortunate to have an ORV ordinance that allows driving on any road that is not State, or Federal Numbered. I recently made my Prowler Street Legal in Michigan, and that will allow us to drive on any road in Michigan. From March to late October we use our Prowler 80% of the time, as we ride as much as possible. It cost me about 800 dollars to make mine street legal, biggest cost was DOT tires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have a suggested ordinance in place and i think that it has the support. But who knows what the commissioners will do with it. Not even sure how street legal we will have to become. My county geographically is big but tiny in numbers. The two major postage stamp size towns have had it legal for years with no issues, and now it time to get the county on board.

Now when i am not riding an atv this is my preferred mode of transportation. Now if yall have not done the Alpine Loop between Lake City and Silverton Co, put it on your bucket list. It may just be the best trail in the world. Plus now Silverton allows atvs on certain town roads.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Thanks for the trail info! My wife and I have started to travel with our Prowler and are open to suggestions! Heading to AZ in 2 weeks for some desert riding! You have joined the best site goin!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
First off i am in a little cow due west of Pueblo about 60 miles.

We will know for sure in January but it appears that we are going to legalize utvs on our county roads. Since i live in the sticks, the roads even though they are maintained are always in terrible shape. I want the prowler to get me to and from town to save my pick up from the abuse.

In looking at some of the previous models, maybe with the drilling of some new seat bracket holes, the seat might slide back an inch. But i wont know if that will work until we see the new model.
There is some adjustments on the seat bases on the older prowlers,and you can drill new holes to slide it back even farther...probably an inch like you said....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seat adjustment

That is exactly what i was referring too. When i finally get the chance to look at one i will know what i am up against.

Back to the Alpine Loop. I was trying to get a local atv dealership to sponsor a ride and i would guide it for them. They were always ready to jump in but never followed through. I took a bunch of pictures to show them what they were missing. I have given up on trying to get their interest in it.

Yall know pictures, they never reveal the true beauty. But being the new kid on the block i can not post pictures of the alpine loop just yet. But this is one of my favorites. It is know as Velocity Basin

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Beautiful country! Thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
We have a suggested ordinance in place and i think that it has the support. But who knows what the commissioners will do with it. Not even sure how street legal we will have to become. My county geographically is big but tiny in numbers. The two major postage stamp size towns have had it legal for years with no issues, and now it time to get the county on board.

Now when i am not riding an atv this is my preferred mode of transportation. Now if yall have not done the Alpine Loop between Lake City and Silverton Co, put it on your bucket list. It may just be the best trail in the world. Plus now Silverton allows atvs on certain town roads.
very nice and clean looking bike.......:):)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts