Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just joined and I am having a no start already. I bought this unit Monday drove fine for 2 days. Yesterday was kinda cool.... for Texas. Well it wouldn’t start and so today I for some carb cleaner to see if it would fire and nothing.

Seems to not be getting any spark/fire.

Any help with be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Hey just joined and I am having a no start already. I bought this unit Monday drove fine for 2 days. Yesterday was kinda cool.... for Texas. Well it wouldn’t start and so today I for some carb cleaner to see if it would fire and nothing.

Seems to not be getting any spark/fire.

Any help with be greatly appreciated
Welcome to the forum! How is your battery? And what machine do you have?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like a square cage XTZ.

Battery first, charge it up. Turn the key and let the fuel pump run for a couple of seconds and then turn to start.

Does is have power steering? Don't move the wheel until the engine is running, the electrical draw will caus a low volt condition.

Lets start with that and see if we get anywhere

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Do you have 12 volts to the coil with the key on? Check the voltage at the starter while cranking it over (need at least 10.5 volts), check all fuses as there is several that relate to ignition. Service manuals are available at Country Cat for free! Highly recommended for any owner! Keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts