Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2017 Arctic Cat Prowler 500 from an auction because I need a UTV to help me build a cabin on top of a mountain. It has 315 hours on it and about 1,000 miles. Brought it home, cleaned off the mud from the electrical connections, replaced the battery, starter, solenoid, and changed the oil and air filter. Tried to start her, you can hear the starter engaging, you can hear the fuel pump priming but she won't turn over. No codes on the medallion, checked the starter one way bearing and it only goes one way like it should. Still can't get her to crank over. Shifting through the gears is a bit tough. After moving through the gears on one occasion, she almost turned over. I don't know how aggressive the previous rider was but I am wondering with it being so new and having so few hours on it if possibly the engine got redlined and is toast. Not sure how to tell that unless I pull it completely out. Does anyone know if this engine on countrycat.com would be a replacement for the engine I have. My vin is RFB17UXV1HK6R1339. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
7,373 Posts
I recently bought a 2017 Arctic Cat Prowler 500 from an auction because I need a UTV to help me build a cabin on top of a mountain. It has 315 hours on it and about 1,000 miles. Brought it home, cleaned off the mud from the electrical connections, replaced the battery, starter, solenoid, and changed the oil and air filter. Tried to start her, you can hear the starter engaging, you can hear the fuel pump priming but she won't turn over. No codes on the medallion, checked the starter one way bearing and it only goes one way like it should. Still can't get her to crank over. Shifting through the gears is a bit tough. After moving through the gears on one occasion, she almost turned over. I don't know how aggressive the previous rider was but I am wondering with it being so new and having so few hours on it if possibly the engine got redlined and is toast. Not sure how to tell that unless I pull it completely out. Does anyone know if this engine on countrycat.com would be a replacement for the engine I have. My vin is RFB17UXV1HK6R1339. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'd check the voltage at the starter while attempting to turn it over, should see 10.5 volts minimum, any less and your stater is toast. If you can pull the stator cover off, rotate the engine by hand with the spark plug out to see if it is possible. Take your shift linkage off of the motor and shift by hand to find park/neutral.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts