Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

New Truck

7K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
Well finally parted company with my 1997 Toyota T 100, it served me very well! Sold my Pro Street Ford Fairmont, and sold my 20 Ft. Alumiline car hauler. Made my Prowler my main hobby! Purchased a Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Truck, went with the 4cyl driveline, and picked up a utility trailer for the Prowler. Even when pulling the trailer, the truck has enough power to get from Point A to Point B. The truck only has one option! It has the SR5 Package. All in all it is not a bad rig for my needs! Time to start traveling. I'll post pictures and an update after our trip to Drummond Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD

#3 ·
Basically the SR5 is a convenience Package- Backup Camera, Upgraded Seat,Carpet instead of rubber, Radio with touch screen, and Bluetooth Ready, Plug for IPAD/MP3 device, power mirrors, and etc. etc., I installed a reese hitch, and wiring harness.

#7 ·
I've used it hooking up the trailer, it is indeed nice for that! Makes for one attempt possible every time!

#8 ·
Truck & Trailer

Finally got some pictures

Attachments

#10 ·
The deck is 10 1/2' X 6' wide, we put a 3500 lb torsion bar axle under it, and the frame is 2X4, & 2X3 Tubular steel. The back gate will slide off if not needed. We managed to get all of the wiring in the frame rails, still need a couple of things to complete, enclosing the trailer side of the wheelwells, and I ordered a tire trap system to tie down the cat. Hopefully I will finish everything next week and leave on the 15th for our trip. Prowler is now considered handheld luggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL RD

#12 ·
Installed the tire trap system, handles up to a 10 inch wide tire, folds flat, very easy to install, and makes securing my prowler to the trailer very quick, and easy. We plan on traveling more, and the Prowler is part of the plan! Making up a travel kit to take with us, spare parts, and lubricants, helmet's and riding gear. Extra Set of tires and wheels, and the most important thing My MASTERCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rear view of the bed rail system on my Tacoma, standard equipment, makes placing stuff in the bed handy.

Attachments

#13 ·
That is a pretty cool tie down setup RD. How much are they, and where did you buy them from? I may have to do that whenever I finally purchase a trailer for my Prowler......:rolleyes:

#14 ·
I found it on ebay, and side by side inc. Tire Trap made in Ca. I think. They get 179.00 plus shipping, ebay had one at 199.00 with free shipping. My choice with the trailer was to install tie down rings at front and rear, or look at a system. I looked at the cleat system, but at 750.00 I kept looking!

#16 ·
Do those have both a front and back that you could choose to use either end, or is it just that you reversed the install on each side?

#18 ·
Tire Trap

Both tire traps are set in the same direction, you drive into the trap until it stops forward movement, and then tie down using hook points on the trap. I can put the straps on standing beside the trailer, and anything that keeps me from bending over is a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

#22 ·
Both tire traps are set in the same direction, you drive into the trap until it stops forward movement, and then tie down using hook points on the trap. I can put the straps on standing beside the trailer, and anything that keeps me from bending over is a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RD looks like it will work great.:)

#19 ·
For some reason looking at the original pictures it looked like one was hooked on the front side of the tire, while the other front tire was hooked around the back. And I didn't know they were fixed in the upright position. I thought they lifted up and you strapped them. I understand the setup now.....

#20 ·
Went and tried it yesterday, freeway, bumpy roads, and stop and go city traffic. The only issue I had was the glove box door opened at 65-70 mph! Nothing loosened up, and nothing shifted, I'm very comfortable with the system!

#21 ·
#23 · (Edited)
#24 ·
Bungee Cord now installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD

#27 ·
We do get a lot of photos! Great site, glad to see you active!

#28 ·
Must be Spring! Just got my trailer ready for towing! Greased the wheel bearings, aired the tires back up to 45 psi, and then me and mama towed it all over the place! This has really been a good trailer! Little heavy, but we built it out of 2X4 tubing instead of channel! Getting ready to store the plow on it in prep for moving! LOL

Reactions: Paxx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.