Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new at all this UTV, just buying a 2008 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 XT and the first thing i have to do look for a roll cage extension and seats or bench for the back, safety first for the family then i will see what else i can add, if you guys have any information on this i would appreciated it.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the site,the possabilities are endless.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new at all this UTV, just buying a 2008 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 XT and the first thing i have to do look for a roll cage extension and seats or bench for the back, safety first for the family then i will see what else i can add, if you guys have any information on this i would appreciated it.
Glad you could join,It didn't take me to much effort for your member introduction,we have a member on here his name is outwest he is doing the same to his 650 he will chime in soon.great site,and a lot of fun.:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome aboard! Youll love the machine. Like Muddog stated, the possibilities are endless. Ive built quite a bit of custom stuff for mine including an extended roll cage and rear seat mount. My family absolutely loves it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
SHOULD WE TELL HIM ABOUT THE BUY NOW BUTTON???:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, every body here is helpful!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, I have started some research but the companies out there have them pretty expense, thinking of doing one myself, if anyone has any tips let me know.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house ... help us help u , fill out your signature line and location so we know better how to respond to posts later on.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Let me know what you are looking for I am pretty good st finding good deals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just updated my profile and loaded a picture of my Prowler, glad to start with this new hobby.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You won't find an affordable cage or cage extension for your Prowler. The cheapest I've found is an extension with two stock looking seats for around $1000. If you are handy and can weld and bend tube like Mavic, that would be your best option. I got lucky and found a used extension for really cheap, but I have to have pieces welded back on to it to fix it.....reason it was so cheap. So you either have to be handy or lucky on aftermarket parts for these Prowlers. Not a lot of options out there for them like you find for the other brands.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my avatar loaded with a pic taken today after I gave it my first wash and found a couple of cosmetic details but nothing major. It looks to be in good shape.

All of the rear cages vendors I have quoted with are all at or over $1500, thinking of doing this my self but how much can I really save, anybody have an idea because just the rear bench with seat belts go for over $250 so I am not sure if I can really save a good amount doing it myself.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Got my avatar loaded with a pic taken today after I gave it my first wash and found a couple of cosmetic details but nothing major. It looks to be in good shape.

All of the rear cages vendors I have quoted with are all at or over $1500, thinking of doing this my self but how much can I really save, anybody have an idea because just the rear bench with seat belts go for over $250 so I am not sure if I can really save a good amount doing it myself.
Is that just the cage for 1500 dollars or the cage and seat.you need to get with mavic19 he built his own,not sure what he had in it when completed.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

This is the cheapest setup I've been able to find, free shipping.
Arctic Cat Prowler Cage Extension And Optional Rear Seats

1 - 20 of 30 Posts