Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got all the testing done on the Tcat with the new wet clutch delete setup i built. i can tell you it is a HUGE difference guys! i got a little video i put together and its night and day difference!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no all the runs were in high range. the "bog" was the wet clutches. my 700H1 does it horribly. big single cylinder trying to turn a heavy bike. when you nail it the wet clutches slip and then grab and it bogs the engine down. the entire stock primary along with wet clutch and shaft weighs over 16lbs, and the new setup, clutch, shaft, and all is less than 10lbs. thats freeing up over 6 lbs of rotating mass right off the crankshaft. this clutch is amazing, does not slip belts, and has awesome adjustability! anybody can do it in their garage with a drill bit and some washers. you can dial this clutch in to any shiftout you wish, along with being able to rev quicker, accelerate quicker, and holeshot EVERYBODY! i have multiple stall springs from 1900 (stock stall) to 2400, to 3000 stall. i think putting this clutch on a prowler would make it completely insane! the best part is that when you guys are doing long pulls up a steep dune and the engine bogs down, its because the clutches have upshifted and can not backshift quick enough to keep the RPMs up. this clutch will completely change that. since this clutch has a primary spring, its constantly pushing the primary back open everytime you get bogged down, allowing your secondary to backshift as well so regardless of how steep the hill, or how long the climb, or no matter what throttle percentage, this clutch along with the factory secondary will allow you to stay right in the perfect RPM range. when you nail the throttle it instantly tachs up and holds a dead even shiftout and allows the engine to seriously pull. the after runs, i picked up 4mph in 100ft, and 5mph in the 300ft. this clutch setup makes the ATV TONS quicker. i know it can only help the UTVs as well. i will have another video tomorrow or monday of the same setup on the 700H1 to show the gains of the clutch setup and wet clutch delete on the single cylinder!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'll be waiting to see what kind of gains you get with the 700, mite have to have one of them

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with this clutch, it will make the prowler 1000 the man to beat in any race. just bolting up the wet clutch delete and CVtech primary, the bike picked up 4mph in 100ft! thats a serious game changer on launches seeing how i could only do part throttle launches since the bike wants to flip over everytime you nail the gas. it makes launches completely different and allows the engine to rev free'r and accelerate quicker. i am seriously floored at how much quicker and more responsive the bike is. i wanna prowler to put one on now and see what it will do!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
with this clutch, it will make the prowler 1000 the man to beat in any race. just bolting up the wet clutch delete and CVtech primary, the bike picked up 4mph in 100ft! thats a serious game changer on launches seeing how i could only do part throttle launches since the bike wants to flip over everytime you nail the gas. it makes launches completely different and allows the engine to rev free'r and accelerate quicker. i am seriously floored at how much quicker and more responsive the bike is. i wanna prowler to put one on now and see what it will do!!!!
I saw a dry clutch setup for sale somwhere once, it was horribly expensive. Is this similar?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait to see what it will do in a UTV. I was actually planning on taking mine apart this winter and having you tweak them.

·
Registered
491 Posts

mine will be in the mail monday !!!!!!! adam can i call you tomarrow ? the little wife says if were gonna keep the cat we might as well make it the way we want it ! yippie !

thanks matt/ soazcat

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah buddy i will be at the shop all day tomorrow gimme a shout!

yes unfortunately this setup is rather expensive. the clutch itself is a $750 race clutch setup made for a can-am. i have modified it, and built the necessary shaft to eliminate the wet clutch and run this clutch. the clutch, along with machining, and the shaft, runs up a pretty hefty tab, but again this is not for everybody. this setup is for folks wanting to race and go faster than a stock clutch will allow them. the CVtech clutch is purely awesome. it will flat out get down! if anyone is in the central mississippi area, and have a close to stock machine i would love to bolt this setup on it and see what kinda difference it makes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no you have either option. this clutch does come with a one-way bearing, that allows all the engine braking you can imagine, or i can pull the engine brake out if you wish. either way. the clutch will come with it, and only be removed if you ask. the clutch works and functions just like a normal arctic cat clutch, because they are both made by the same company! the clutch works flawlessly, it just eliminates the wet clutches out of the engine. no more wet clutch oil in your engine, you can actually run full synthetic if you want for once without worrying about burning up the wet clutch [email protected]

·
Registered
656 Posts
That looks like a major difference in power and torque! Bet that would be awesome in a prowler! You wouldn't have to worry about the prowler standing strait up on you. I bet it would take off like a rocket ship.

·
Registered
131 Posts
no you have either option. this clutch does come with a one-way bearing, that allows all the engine braking you can imagine, or i can pull the engine brake out if you wish. either way. the clutch will come with it, and only be removed if you ask. the clutch works and functions just like a normal arctic cat clutch, because they are both made by the same company! the clutch works flawlessly, it just eliminates the wet clutches out of the engine. no more wet clutch oil in your engine, you can actually run full synthetic if you want for once without worrying about burning up the wet clutch [email protected]
Just for everyone's info, I run the full synthetic Rotella T6 5W40 (blue jug) in my motorcycle and my prowler, it is wet clutch compatible, it is a full synthetic oil but DOES NOT have friction modifiers in it! I have 133,500 kms (80,000 miles) on my bike (still using the original clutch) and over 3000 kms (1800 miles) on my Prowler.
I buy it from Canadian Tire for $29.99 p/4L jug.
Almost everyone on the Suzuki motorcycle forum is using this oil with great results, runs cooler, runs quieter and shifts smoother (in the motorcycle).
It is definitely an option I'm happy I chose!
Oh, the clutch system/setup looks like it works awesome!! Well done!

·
Registered
491 Posts
well guys i talked to Adam this morning , and this Wet clutch delete thing sounds to be the baddest of the badass tricks hes come out with yet !!!!
my only reservation is with that much power and torque hammering down whats going to be the weak link ? im sure it would be ideal in a light weight 2 seater , and a car like DARRYL99s but i have a feeling its going to be too much for my suburban sized car ! i see more CV and axle problems for me ........

so with that said im going to have Adams machine work done and make do with the fact that my cat is TOO FAT to go FAST ! LOL

Split its up to you now buddy !

SOAZCAT

·
Registered
861 Posts
ok Matt..if you say so.... :D Guess i am pickin up the ball and runnin (it is football season after all!)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so talk about the use of this clutch in a woods n fire-road type of environment .. longevity .. so many questions

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i see no longevity problems, this clutch, although it is labeled as a slip-n-grip clutch, it unlike any of the other slip-n-grip clutches on the market. all slip-n-grip clutches actually slip the clutch as slow speeds, because the belt is always loose, and you have to keep your deflection in check to maintain the proper engagement characteristics. this clutch, is completely different. it uses a one-way sprag bearing at the base of the clutch. so the belt rides on this one-way bearing, and allows the clutch to spin, and the belt keep constant tension just like the factory cat clutch. this clutch is a whole world above any other clutch in its category. the can-am, kawie, and polaris/comet clutches are all slip-n-grip clutch setups, and they give the slip-n-grip system a bad name because they all do just that, slip the belts, and chew the belts up and smoke belts when you get in a bind. this clutch does not, it works off constant tension, and has a two stage primary spring, one for engagement, the other for shiftout. once the engagement rate is up, and the clutch engages, it is fully engaged, and the clutch is gripped to the belt just as tight as a factory cat clutch and wont let go unless you ease off the throttle and allow the clutch to idle. this clutch has NOT slipped a single belt yet, and i sell if for can-ams as a race clutch, and i have this clutch on MANY 912, 916, 940, and 1026 bikes that put out 100hp or more to the crank. this clutch still has yet to slip a single belt since i;ve been selling them. it is an awesome clutch. i'm sorry it took me so long to get it on the cats!!! it works, drives, and shifts just like a factory cat clutch since both are made by CVtech, the same thinking went into this one i am using for the wet clutch delete. and it flat out works!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts