Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I heard thats what the wildcat X was gonna have,wonder how the weight system works. cams, rollers.I know there is no wet clutch.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Saw the wildcat 4 with this clutch on it this weekend at a dealer. Did not drive it. But the sales guy said it had the new style clutch on it and the better tune up on the motor. Thing was very long looking. But it could grow on you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a 2013 wildcat 4 and after 1.9 hours and 15 miles on the odometer, the clutch belt has already gone out. I never drove this over 30 mph and did not climb any hills just simple flat riding and my brand new wildcat 4 is back at the dealer less than 24 hours after I bought it. I will be contacting artic cat headquarters on Monday. Not a good start with artic cat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know this is not gonna help much but hopefully it was defective part or belt.you are under warranty so they should take care of you. Arctic cat does not make the belt and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't make the clutch either. Although there name might be on the parts. Other than your problem how do you like it?
I just bought a 2013 wildcat 4 and after 1.9 hours and 15 miles on the odometer, the clutch belt has already gone out. I never drove this over 30 mph and did not climb any hills just simple flat riding and my brand new wildcat 4 is back at the dealer less than 24 hours after I bought it. I will be contacting artic cat headquarters on Monday. Not a good start with artic cat.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I know this is not gonna help much but hopefully it was defective part or belt.you are under warranty so they should take care of you. Arctic cat does not make the belt and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't make the clutch either. Although there name might be on the parts. Other than your problem how do you like it?
I dont think they do make this new clutch.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
welcome aboard,great members,and great info,sorry to here your problems so soon,Iam sure they will get it taken care of it for you,still just the IDEA,my buddys 2013 rzr-s 300 miles its in the shop it will barely run.keep us up dated on what they find.does it have the new TEAM INDUSTRIES clutch set up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes my 2013 ac 4 seater has the new team ind. clutch. Other than the clutch belt going out, the ride quality is by far the best. I have not been able to actually feel am the power yet ( still in break in period ) I can't wait to get it back and enjoy my new toy

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That's what, 90 HP? And improved clutch system? Whats not to like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Even if it is broken already, I'm still jealous....:( Want to trade for a perfectly running 2006 Prowler, and I'll throw in some cash of course....:D

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I also think the belt was defective, and not anything in the clutch system.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts