Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2010 xtz and just got the wife a 2010 700 xtx.Anything i should know about it? don't want to do any mods to the motor cause the wife don't care about going fast but is there anything i should be aware of or keep a eye on ?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have a 2010 xtz and just got the wife a 2010 700 xtx.Anything i should know about it? don't want to do any mods to the motor cause the wife don't care about going fast but is there anything i should be aware of or keep a eye on ?
I have an 09 Prowler XTX LE and I have had no problems with mine except for the tilt wheel mechanism with was fixed with an updated part. Im very happy with mine an I believe if you just do the maint buy the book and dont abuse it it will last.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my son has a 08 700 rhino that we had clucth machined,msd, duel muzzys and moded air box.we raced it and the stock XTX 100 yds and the XTX won by 20 ft.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Replace the rear ring gear with a none turff saver gear. I will eliminate the jerky take off. Will also have to replace the rear axles as the inner splines are larger on the regular gears. Its pricey but worth it. Then new 2011 dont use the truff saver for this exact reason.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i have a 2009 700 xtx and have had very little problems with it. I changed my battery to a odyessy pc 680. if mine will hold under me i am sure your wife will have no problems with hers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ThinkI'll just let her ride it till the warr. exp.then might do a few mods. my XTZ gets all the **** now. I was going to give the XTZto her and get me a can-am but my son and a friend are both getting one and we all can't ride can-ams

1 - 9 of 9 Posts