Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up new xtz 1000 friday put 40 miles on today and it already had the code p0635 pop up. it flashes continuously, about had a heart attack in the middle of the woods when code came up. but after reading your threads have a better understanding of whats happened. still makes me put out that it has so few miles and this happened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
code po635

hey mine flashed that same code and then had a big problem. local dealer told me a battery issue or power steering.pm me

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
you guys with the new rigs might want to find a code list and print it out for your glove box

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If I'm not mistaken (not at my shop right now so I can't look it up), code PO635 is the Power Steering Circuit.

I've heard that some have had problems with the wheels having tension on the steering circuit when starting.
Try pointing the wheels straight, then remove your hands from the steering wheel and turn the key on (but don't start it), don't move the wheel till the gauge has gone thru it's starting cycle (needle will stop flickering), then start it. See if that helps you. If not, talk to your local dealer about it, there is a reprogramming update on some machines.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Just received the newest shop bulletin in the mail today...

There is an entire section on the P0635 code.
Looks like they are having several things that can cause the code to throw. From low battery volatge to ignition switch on for more than 5 minutes without the engine running, to vehicle speed signal malfunction, to engine speed signal malfunction to EPS circuit malfunction to Engine Stop Switch in stop position with Ignition Key Switch On...

So there are several causes listed. Contact your local dealer and have him refer to Arctic Cat Shop Talk Bulletin Vol. 7, Issue 1.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I will stick with manual steering, my buddy just got a TBX (I think that is what it is) and it always sets that code with most of the trigger events you mentioned. I will stay manual steering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. the power steering unit is not working, check the fuse ect, taking it to the dealer after we get back from rally on the rocks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Catkid, You mentioned the model, but what year is this rig ? Makes a differnce because of the EPS programming. The 2012 models have the latest program. 2010/11 models with EPS need to get updated. There are several sub-codes in this thing. P0635 is just a bacic code that indicates you got a problem. Depending onm the code, you will either lose all power assist or lose 75% of it. If you lose assist, it's like driving a buggy without it.
Bring it in to the dlr like Darryl89 says - That's your best bet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok new xtz went in for first service. 230 miles and it had both seals out on the differinuals and the power steering modual was dead. so now the steering modual is on back order till july 15th . All I can say is way to go AC. second time I've had to go on vacation with something not working on my AC. thats two different AC by the way not good odds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts