Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new XTZ 2 weeks ago and since then i have had it back to the shop to fix the rear seal leaking. I Broke the tie rod last week and the dealer tells me that the warranty wont cover it and they wont sell me just the tie rod i have to but the whole steering assembly. It just overheated on me yesterday for the first time and their was no mud in the radiator and i have a squeek coming from the front end somewhere that i cant find where its coming from. Im starting to think i really screwed up by not buying a yamaha.

·
Registered
438 Posts
we sell replacement tie rods .... all the rest the dealer should fix ....

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the site BOZ.
First of all they do sell new tie rods.So you don't have to buy a new rack.You can even get them with Ac's new heavy duty version nut on them.See tie rods in the search on this site.The overheating is covered under warranty.They will fix it.Ac does have a problem with some units overheating.
The seal is probably leaking because your axle has popped out or is starting to.They will fix that too.You probably need their new axles for the xtz.
As far as the Rhino goes if you think they do not have problems too you are misinformed.And if you think a 700cc engine gets it done you are kidding yourself.
And if you had bought a rhino everytime a xtz blew your doors off you would have been wondering if you should not have bought a xtz.
Granted it sucks to have problems with your new toy.Again AC has been fixing everyone's that I have talked to.They will fix it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They allready fixed the seal they gave me a whole new axle. Its just a pain in the you know what to take it to the dealer because the one i bought it from is 40 miles away. I really like the machine just little things that keep going wrong that i have never had happen to any of my grizzly and i was alot harder on them than i am on the cat.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Totally understand your point.And you have every right and reason to be disappointed.No one makes a perfect utv yet.I ride with a lot of em of every brand.And they all have their problems and not so good engineering.The quads have had some more time out there.And for the most part they have them down pretty good with all of them.
It is concerning to me that they have already replaced the axle and you are still having problems.Very critical that the rear diff has the correct amount of fluid in it.If they overfilled it it will leak.You would be surprised how many dealers have been overfilling them.
Hopefully they did in fact change the axles to the longer ones.Maybe you could drive it around for about 20-30 mins. by the dealer doing the work before you take it home.That way some of the things that were supposed to get fixed really do get fixed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I just bought a new XTZ 2 weeks ago and since then i have had it back to the shop to fix the rear seal leaking. I Broke the tie rod last week and the dealer tells me that the warranty wont cover it and they wont sell me just the tie rod i have to but the whole steering assembly. It just overheated on me yesterday for the first time and their was no mud in the radiator and i have a squeek coming from the front end somewhere that i cant find where its coming from. Im starting to think i really screwed up by not buying a yamaha.

The 700 tie rod's are the same as the 1000.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
They allready fixed the seal they gave me a whole new axle. Its just a pain in the you know what to take it to the dealer because the one i bought it from is 40 miles away. I really like the machine just little things that keep going wrong that i have never had happen to any of my grizzly and i was alot harder on them than i am on the cat.

Welcome to the forum. If you do a search you will find the info you need about the axle problem. Mine went in 4 times to fix this and it never worked. New axle part number listed you should try to get them to replace the axles with the new part. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts