Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's Im new to the prowler forum. This will be my first prowler , but not my first AC. Im going to pickup a 2015 700HDX. I have one dilemma. I would like to do just a half cab for know. No doors. I was leaning towards the lxc vs vxc. I would get the windshield roof and rear window . I like the lxc since both front and back windows open. I figured it would help with airflow in the summer month vs the VXC with just top vents and no rear wind to open. Is it really worth the extra money to have these features? Also would it be easy to take the doors on the LXC model of and on if I add them later? Any ideas would be appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't have any experience with those cabs but I do have a fixed windshield and wish I either had a tilt up or vents for summer riding. I can roll up the back window on my soft cab which helps but you'll get a lot a dust sucked in going down gravel roads.
There's several HDX owners on here that can be of more help.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome HK45, you picked a good machine! Best site going! I have a AC windshield with the vents, makes a world of difference. Closed for winter, and open for summer! As far as Removing, and installing the doors, I think it is easy to do. Just need to make sure the doors are for a round tube HDX (2012-Current)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hey Guy's Im new to the prowler forum. This will be my first prowler , but not my first AC. Im going to pickup a 2015 700HDX. I have one dilemma. I would like to do just a half cab for know. No doors. I was leaning towards the lxc vs vxc. I would get the windshield roof and rear window . I like the lxc since both front and back windows open. I figured it would help with airflow in the summer month vs the VXC with just top vents and no rear wind to open. Is it really worth the extra money to have these features? Also would it be easy to take the doors on the LXC model of and on if I add them later? Any ideas would be appreciated thanks
Welcome to the best prowler site,I have a full windshield roof and doors....

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Is it worth the extra money for glass
yes if your not into heavy woods riding IMHO only , plastic is a consumable windshield , stretches and attracts heavy dust like a magnet.
heavy woods riding might break the glass even though friends of mine who ride similar terrain have the glass ones.

welcome to the house

need to fill in location so we can help ya better also signature lines

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is it worth the extra money for glass
short answer- no, but sure is nice to have.

I have seen a few cracked windshields on the trail, not sure if they were factory cat, but they were glass. Im pretty ruff with mine and the glass is still perfect all the way around. Not sure what it would look like if rolled it.

I have an older cab and the doors come off very easily.

They are very heavy if weight is a issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts