Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Prowler 700 HDX with the front grill guard on it. I want to mount a small light bar on the grill guard. Has anyone done it and what did you use? I'm a novice so go easy on me. :) I bought the expensive firebar clamps at the local dealership but I can't seem to make them fit either of my bars.

I'm looking for some ideas.

My light bar is an 8" light bar that I bought off eBay.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size clamp would I need if I want it on the top bar? The fire at clamp that fits 1.75 and 1.5 do bars didn't seem to fit that well. It was not snug enough on the top bar not the bottom bar with the supplied adapters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
de3, I like that bumper. Where did you find it? Also how is your light bar attached to the bumper?

Like I said, I'm a novice and not so mechanically inclined but I am trying.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
de3, I like that bumper. Where did you find it? Also how is your light bar attached to the bumper?

Like I said, I'm a novice and not so mechanically inclined but I am trying.
My bumper is factory We just added to the top of it,and I drilled holes in the bumper and run the bolts through the light bar bracket and the bumper,

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
What size clamp would I need if I want it on the top bar? The fire at clamp that fits 1.75 and 1.5 do bars didn't seem to fit that well. It was not snug enough on the top bar not the bottom bar with the supplied adapters.
sorry don't know the bar size on yours but dial calipers or el-cheepo type caliper would tell you that info quickly .. if you don't have them as a neighbor many mechanic types have them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Pretty sure you need the 1.25" clamp, unless you plan on using a self-tapping screw to mount it to the brush guard. I'm kinda in the same boat. I bought some tube clamps, but they are big and bulky and think I'm just going to use self-tapping screws and bold it to the brush guard that way.

I found these, but they are pretty damn pricey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330895086326?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is the light bar I think I might go with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351110427745?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Could you use hose clamps? Not sure how the light is constructed/mounted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts