Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and to SxS's. Looking to buy a 2011, 2012 or 2013 Prowler 700. Are there any differences in the models? Other than price and year??! I don't see any from what I can tell. If so, comments about the better model year would be very appreciated. I enjoy learning from those threads I've read already and look forward more so to your response to this question. I'll have more once I get some feedback, I'm sure. Thx all.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
New to the forum and to SxS's. Looking to buy a 2011, 2012 or 2013 Prowler 700. Are there any differences in the models? Other than price and year??! I don't see any from what I can tell. If so, comments about the better model year would be very appreciated. I enjoy learning from those threads I've read already and look forward more so to your response to this question. I'll have more once I get some feedback, I'm sure. Thx all.
Welcome to the best prowler site,great members and great info.not sure if there is much,I own a 06 650.There are members on here that own from 2009 to 2013 700xtx,they will be able to compare and let you know if there is any differences.they will chime in here soon with some replys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rollcage differs

Thanks de3 you broke the silence. Just FYI- while searching and cross-referencing the parts lists on AC page the roll cage differs but if that's all then I'm in good shape. :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks de3 you broke the silence. Just FYI- while searching and cross-referencing the parts lists on AC page the roll cage differs but if that's all then I'm in good shape. :)
Yea its a little quite on here today,you have days like that.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The 2011 and the 2013 has different part numbers on the frame also.it looks like the 2011 has the round cage,I know the 2010 had the square cage.If you buy one the newer the better.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Aftermarket parts are geared more to the round tube later models, 2011 and up, than the square tube 2010, and prior.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you go to the arctic cat website and do some searching you can go back to 2012 and look at different models.

Some things I noticed. There is a regular 700 & 700hdx with the longer wheel base. The HDX comes with many upgrades including power steering, fox coil overs in the back, dash mounted shifting lever. There is a lot of flipping back and fourth that's for sure when your searching.

I also notice there is no 700hdx for the 2014 yr, looks like that got switch to 500's which is kinda disappointing for me, if I was going to get another 700 it was going to be HDX.

·
Registered
282 Posts
2012 was a 25 amp alternator that went to 28 amp in 2013.

weewww, there is a lot of flippn/comparing if you use the AC website.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I also notice there is no 700hdx for the 2014 yr, looks like that got switch to 500's which is kinda disappointing for me, if I was going to get another 700 it was going to be HDX.
never mind still have the 700hdx..i guess I can still spend the 14K:D

They introduced a 500hdx which is interesting...guess I need to get out more or pay a little more attention

·
Registered
282 Posts
I guess all bikes come with power steering now.

sheeshh I need to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
as far as I know ,,just the 550 doesent have power steering ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I'm laughing at the responses and reading these while driving had to get gas so I thought I would thank everyone for input. About the alternator size increase: although its minor is it a major improvement and what does it hp with? Lighting upgrades winch use or something I still don't know??

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ok I'm laughing at the responses and reading these while driving had to get gas so I thought I would thank everyone for input. About the alternator size increase: although its minor is it a major improvement and what does it hp with? Lighting upgrades winch use or something I still don't know??
For sure the extra wattage will help you out,I dont know how many acc you plan on running,I know a few members that have 2007 models with no problems running acc.YEA IF YOU NOTICED WE LIKE TO HAVE FUN.:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I do know some members with the HDX that are having trouble finding skid plates for theirs,if that was something you were thinking about getting,the frames are longer than the xtx I think,somebody might make them by now.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
The newer the better, AC has kept the same design, and most parts interchange through the years. Parts have been upgraded, but not sure why, better process, cheaper build cost, etc. I have an 09 700 XTX, and have had no issues with it. I bought it used with 366 miles on it. This was 2 1/2 years ago, since then I've put 3,300 miles on it! I have been changing some things on it to fit my taste, but overall it has been a great machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts