Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new owner of a 11 XTZ from Pa.. 1st ? still breaking in, when does the power steering settle down or smooth out? what psi r u running in your bighorns? sway bar linkage if i go longer on bolts will it stiffen it up?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Your power steering should be silky smooth.

12psi rear and 8 up front for me.

I dont think the sway bar works like that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What's up with your power steering ? Explain the smooth out / settle down thing. The system should be operating great from new.
I agree with riddler28 on the tire pressures
Unsure about the sway bar..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i get to 35 to 40 mph im having to work at keeping it in a straight line. it feels like the power steering cant keep up with my reaction, its like driving a tractor back and forth. maybe im nuts

·
Registered
95 Posts
The power steering will normally lose some assist the faster you go. I would check your tire pressures again and then check the alignment. Never heard of a power steering unit do that

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks to all that welcomed me. and i did check my tire pressures and had 6 and 8 psi from dealer, changed frt to 12 rear to 14, that seemed to help with the steering thankyou.

·
Registered
110 Posts
new owner of a 11 XTZ from Pa.. 1st ? still breaking in, when does the power steering settle down or smooth out? what psi r u running in your bighorns? sway bar linkage if i go longer on bolts will it stiffen it up?
Welcome................
You might try replacing the rear springs before you go changing the sway bar. Take the old rear springs and put up front. Seems to ride better that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts