Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 09 XTZ1000 with 650 miles. I have a couple of short rides so far. I have a prosthetic left leg and it has more room than my son's Teryx for my leg. Love the power. I need to do an oil change and haven't found the step by step Faq yet. Looking forward to the community!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome aboard. Have you tried a search on here for manuals? There are several threads on here with links. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the information site!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the site ... fill out your profile and signature lines so we know when you post what ya have and where you are

both will save time/extra posting with questions when responding to a question you may ask.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome aboard, good question about oil changes. I got a used 07 650 a year ago and changed the oil but just found out last week while talking to a repairman at the dealer that I should drop the skip plate and check the oil strainer.

Your in the right place for help, I've learned a lot here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I bought a filter, but I didn't know about a strainer. It makes a fair amount of whine under power. It goes away when coasting. Is it common for the belt or clutch to be noisier than other brands? Also the stock Maxxis Razor tires seem inadequate for the power output.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I bought a filter, but I didn't know about a strainer. It makes a fair amount of whine under power. It goes away when coasting. Is it common for the belt or clutch to be noisier than other brands? Also the stock Maxxis Razor tires seem inadequate for the power output.
I think the whine is normal mine does it also, We're having a garage sale today so I hope to do a little maintenance while I hang around the house. I'll post some pics of the oil strainer if I get that far, hope I don't have any surprises when I pull it out.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Got my oil changed today, minimal metal shavings stuck to the drain plug, the strainer was clean. Here's a couple of shots of the strainer location.

IMAG0259.jpg IMAG0260.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice. I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the help and follow up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First oil change

The first service was nice and easy. Compared to doing an oil and filter on the Teryx, the Prowler was nice to work on. I have some Bighorns on the way. I will probably take the nerf bars off. What is the fuel range on an XTZ doing primarily two track?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts