Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all new here n wanted to say hello. And ask a few questions about Cats and their reliability.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I dont own one yet. Have been looking at a few used ones and some new ones. Kinda like the wilcat. But the prices! Have been looking at other brands as well on the new ones. But again the prices!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thank you. I dont own one yet. Have been looking at a few used ones and some new ones. Kinda like the wilcat. But the prices! Have been looking at other brands as well on the new ones. But again the prices!
YEA I agree,I remember when I bought mine new in 2006 for 9300 dollars now look at the prices.........but what I have got in mine I could buy a new one.LOL but if I had a new one I would do the same thing again.the prowler and the wildcat are nice machines,If I had it to do over I would buy another CAT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like you can almost buy 3 of the older ones for what they want for a new one these days after fees n tax n license.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My account says Im a mewber bit Im not I would at least try to buy. 2010 or newer no offence older 650 guys the older 650s are great but fuel injection is the way to go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome. Welcome to you too. lol Ur a new guy too? 6 Posts?
Welcome to the forum! My account says Im a mewber bit Im not I would at least try to buy. 2010 or newer no offence older 650 guys the older 650s are great but fuel injection is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
It looks like you can almost buy 3 of the older ones for what they want for a new one these days after fees n tax n license.
your probably right,and like joe said if you can swing it, get a F/I one.my newest quad is F/I and I love it.but I also like the mikuni on my prowler also.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
helll Joe is one of the OLD codgers around , we've been trying to shake him in the woods but he keeps finding his way home LOL and a dern good thing too as he has plenty of knowledge to share !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds expensive to have repaired. But sounds like u r the type that did the repair ur self. U mentioned in another thread you thought it was the filter. Is there better filters available?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Sounds expensive to have repaired. But sounds like u r the type that did the repair ur self. U mentioned in another thread you thought it was the filter. Is there better filters available?
I have heard that fram isn't a good filter to use,thats just what I have heard,I think a lot of members use articcat filters,or wix,there is a filter cross over on the site,if you prefer a different brand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wonder who makes the ac brand filter? Wix are excellent filters. Are they avail. For all the cats?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts