Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please view the pictures that I have uploaded into an album of mine to see how I installed a Yutrax rumble seat to my 13 xtz without having to drill holes in my bed.

Sorry I can't upload pictures to this forum post, because of the file sizes that the pictures were taken at.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me...

I also hope this can save someone else's bed from being drilled up as well.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so where is the link ??

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Gary,Go to his profile,and it is in his photo album.looks good you must have just used the factory holes in the bed,good Idea,I like it.:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary,Go to his profile,and it is in his photo album.looks good you must have just used the factory holes in the bed,good Idea,I like it.:)
Yes de3 I, that's exactly what I did. Arctic cat uses carriage bolts on the bed and they are plenty long enough all you have to do is flip them over...

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Very slick!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
gives me some ideas , got a rack coming for mine .. might be able to use the carrage bolt for mounting it .. we'll see when it gets here

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gives me some ideas , got a rack coming for mine .. might be able to use the carrage bolt for mounting it .. we'll see when it gets here
I have been using the seat rails as tie down spots as well they work very well for that. You can use either the pins if you live the pins in or the pin holes as your anchor points.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Dang you couldn't have done this 6 months ago?;) I have the same seat and drilled the bed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang you couldn't have done this 6 months ago?;) I have the same seat and drilled the bed.
Sorry man only bought the buggy less than 2 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I wish I would have done the same thing,a couple of years ago I installed 4 eye bolts in my bed floor and I also used big washers,and now I am getting stress cracks around the eye bolts,all I have ever hooked to the eye bolts are bungee cords,I took a 1/8 drill bit and drilled a hole at the end of the crack and used JBweld and filled the stress cracks and then sanded it smooth and put a bed mat in it.so far so good.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I would have done the same thing,a couple of years ago I installed 4 eye bolts in my bed floor and I also used big washers,and now I am getting stress cracks around the eye bolts,all I have ever hooked to the eye bolts are bungee cords,I took a 1/8 drill bit and drilled a hole at the end of the crack and used JBweld and filled the stress cracks and then sanded it smooth and put a bed mat in it.so far so good.
I hope it continues to hold for you. I am going to use the rails as tie down points as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep learn something new all the time,I guess that's what the site is for.:D
Yes you do. As for your box. Being cracked about 4/500 bucks you can get a new one I priced mines cause of my smelting accident. Haha.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yes you do. As for your box. Being cracked about 4/500 bucks you can get a new one I priced mines cause of my smelting accident. Haha.
It's not really that bad,there only like 3/4 inch long and there hairline,not know where close for a new one.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Just bought a Yutrax jump seat for my Prowler....bolt holes in bed are 24" but need 26" for jump seat install. How did you install your jump seat without drilling? Was thinking about making a couple of angle (L shape) brackets to mount at 24" on bed and 26" on jump seat but not sure it would work. Did you have any trouble with the back of the seat hitting the roll bars?

Thank-you

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hi there,

Just bought a Yutrax jump seat for my Prowler....bolt holes in bed are 24" but need 26" for jump seat install. How did you install your jump seat without drilling? Was thinking about making a couple of angle (L shape) brackets to mount at 24" on bed and 26" on jump seat but not sure it would work. Did you have any trouble with the back of the seat hitting the roll bars?

Thank-you
Welcome to the best prowler site,he will chime in soon to help you out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi there,

Thank-you
It's rather simple really

1st - Thing to do re drill your back rest and seat 1 in closer to center to make up for the narrower width of the carriage bolts. From the factory 26 that the frame work is already pre drilled too.

2nd - Mount the brackets to the bottom of the seat.and mark where you want your seat in the bed the distance from the front of the bed. Also mark where your carriage bolt locations are. Because you will need to re drill the mount holes as well.

3rd - Flip the bed carriage bolts over add to medium sized washers to carriage bolts to have enough height to insert your pins. ( I made the mistake thinking only 1 was enough and had to slightly bend my pins so they would fit.

4th - Install seat and mark the seat frame where it needs to be drilled to clear the front set of carriage bolts.

5th - Drill the frame base out to clear the carriage bolts.

Once step 5 is completed install seat and pads and let the kido's enjoy.

Also you can check my profile pictures as I took several pictures to try and cover every step. And if you still have questions please don't just say screw it and start cutting. Lol. Message me and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
It's rather simple really

1st - Thing to do re drill your back rest and seat 1 in closer to center to make up for the narrower width of the carriage bolts. From the factory 26 that the frame work is already pre drilled too.

2nd - Mount the brackets to the bottom of the seat.and mark where you want your seat in the bed the distance from the front of the bed. Also mark where your carriage bolt locations are. Because you will need to re drill the mount holes as well.

3rd - Flip the bed carriage bolts over add to medium sized washers to carriage bolts to have enough height to insert your pins. ( I made the mistake thinking only 1 was enough and had to slightly bend my pins so they would fit.

4th - Install seat and mark the seat frame where it needs to be drilled to clear the front set of carriage bolts.

5th - Drill the frame base out to clear the carriage bolts.

Once step 5 is completed install seat and pads and let the kido's enjoy.

Also you can check my profile pictures as I took several pictures to try and cover every step. And if you still have questions please don't just say screw it and start cutting. Lol. Message me and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.
Great info chaz.:)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts