Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was plowing today and got tired of my boots slipping off the pedals. When running the trails in Wisc, same thing happens and the damn Prowler just nose dives. So I tapped out the holes to 1/4" and ran some SS 1/4X1 cap bolts and backed them up with lock nuts. Works good. No more slippage with wet boots or tenny runners.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Great idea! Simple fixes are the best thing going!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Was plowing today and got tired of my boots slipping off the pedals. When running the trails in Wisc, same thing happens and the damn Prowler just nose dives. So I tapped out the holes to 1/4" and ran some SS 1/4X1 cap bolts and backed them up with lock nuts. Works good. No more slippage with wet boots or tenny runners.
Great Idea,I thought about that several times.......

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I may have to try something like that, never really had a problem with the brake (don't use it much ;) ) but I do slip of the gas a lot.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I did all 3, just to match. The gas pedal was my main problem. With that one way bearing, the brakes not used much, huh! Thats coming out on of these days! Whiney SOB, I hate that bearing!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
It do make noise!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
A guy took a video of me coming up out of the woods yesterday and you can hear a whining noise over the engine, I wonder if it's my one way bearing. I'll try to upload it.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
More than likely, they do make a racket!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Sounds like the one way! I was able to open with no problems!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats just how mine sounds! I really hate it when cruising. I can hear it over my Bluetoothed noise reduction headphones, listening to Van Halen cranked! Its gotta go! Drives Denise crazy, too. Well, maybe thats me...

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thats just how mine sounds! I really hate it when cruising. I can hear it over my Bluetoothed noise reduction headphones, listening to Van Halen cranked! Its gotta go! Drives Denise crazy, too. Well, maybe thats me...
I used headsets also sometimes riding,after wearing them for an hour or so then take them off......lol its really loud then......

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I guess me and my wife just enjoy yelling at each other! Just like being home! LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Someone put me on to an easy fix for the poor gas pedal design. Unbolt and swap it out for a go pedal from a Wildcat. They have a curved face unlike the flat face of the Prowler pedal. They are a direct replacement. Took less than 5 mins to swap out. The new pedal works much better.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Good Find! Have to get one!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I installed a Wildcat pedal and I am having great difficulty in mastering it. The spring is very weak compared to my original XTZ spring. So far, all I do is jerk on and off throttle as I try to move. At each jerk, my foot reacts by lifting too quickly or depressing the pedal too quickly. It does not seem to be the pedal design, it appears that the weak spring is the culprit. I will keep working at this to resolve my problem. I think my next move is to install my XTZ spring on the Wildcat pedal assembly.

Any suggestions will be welcomed!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't remember noticing a difference in the spring constant but I didn't have the stock pedal for very long. I would try swapping out the springs as you mentioned.

You may also want to look at the amount of free travel you have in the throttle cable. Maybe there is too much so the spring feels too soft?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I don't remember noticing a difference in the spring constant but I didn't have the stock pedal for very long. I would try swapping out the springs as you mentioned.

You may also want to look at the amount of free travel you have in the throttle cable. Maybe there is too much so the spring feels too soft?
Good suggestion, but no issue with the free travel. It is definitely a spring issue.

I installed my original XTZ spring on the Wildcat pedal and it now is back like normal XTZ pedal operation. I can drive it without the choppiness it had with the very light Wildcat spring. That said, I want it better yet, so I ordered a Speedwerk spring.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The new Speedwerx spring arrived this morning,. It is STRONG. I am pleased with the end result.

I have a light spring, a medium spring, and the Speedwerx spring. I like the Speedwerx spring best using the Wildcat pedal. It is the easiest to control the throttle by far.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts