Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:So I bought the XTZ 2009 1000 Prowler a couple of weeks ago. Alreday broke the left front Axel. So today a replaced it and ended up replace alot more. The bearings came apart bacause the Axel was siezed in the spiddle the bolt for the upper A arm was stripped, when a took the brake clapper off it fell apart in my hand. It had No oil in it when i got it.:mad:
I think when its time for a new machine I will stick to new ones.
This one was bought at a dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you would have thought the dealer would have serviced it.or at least checked the oil.i would check your air cleaner,and the rest of your fluids,how many miles on it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I feel your pain believe me. I have countless hours and many pay checks into my prowler. Many of us have been through hell and back with these machines mechanically. I hate to say it but the new ones have the same issues. The difference is if the problem occurs under the warranty period you might get it fixed at no charge. My buddy has a Wildcat and the crank sensor failed and left him stranded. He had to wait 2 months for Arctic Cat to get caught up with production of the parts before his dealer could fix it. These problems are not limited to Arctic Cat it is widely spread through out the other manufacturers as well. Sometime in my opinion if you buy one used and end up putting a fe grand into making things right you still might be ahead by several thousand from what a new one might cost you. Good luck to you sir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts