Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This vid makes me cringe for a couple reasons. I guess he'll just hold his arms up if he flips over.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yea i saw this back during the summer on you tube. Can't believe the guy. Not only does he not have on a helmet.....but taking the cage off? Then lets go try to climb an extremely steep hill and almost not make it. Death wish.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Awe....hillbillies. That is the new speedster edition. Kind of reminds you of some hot rods with the short windshield.
What you guys failed to notice was the red T-Handle labled pull to eject. He has the new UTV Inc, Thrust vectoring ejector seat installed! :D

Seriously what a dumb ass!:eek:

·
Registered
94 Posts
That has been on Youtube for awhile. Perfect example of what not to do.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I too have seen it and cringed. Why would anyone remove the cage. What an IDIOT.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
amen to all above ..

I'm going to add 2 top side bars on my roll cage .. believe that the X bar leaves a very vulnerable area in the side top for intrusion, I will put them right where the top rolls over as there is room there for the added bar on each side.

a couple weeks ago when I was on my way over and the trees stopped the roll over I saw that those would be a real safety measure I need to take with all the forrest running I do

·
Registered
157 Posts
That video just reinforces my statement. "THERE IS NO CURE FOR STUPID". But then Darwin's theory of evolution. Survival of the fittest sort of cures stupid.

·
Registered
421 Posts
not to mention the fact that he removed what little triangulation there is from the frame,thing is probly bent like a banana inside of a week.dumbass!

·
Registered
291 Posts
well you have to remember there is a lot of dumb a$$es in this world, and of course if some thing happens to him it will be some one elses fault.

·
Registered
656 Posts
amen to all above ..

I'm going to add 2 top side bars on my roll cage .. believe that the X bar leaves a very vulnerable area in the side top for intrusion, I will put them right where the top rolls over as there is room there for the added bar on each side.

a couple weeks ago when I was on my way over and the trees stopped the roll over I saw that those would be a real safety measure I need to take with all the forrest running I do
I'm going to do the same thing to mine. I ride heavily wooded areas. I've gotten caught on a side hill trail because of a tree got between the front and back bar b/c there is nothing on the side. Very aggrivating. Needs some there to slide on by the tree.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yup .. same here, probably would have allow continued ride v/s bust out the recovery gear .... but the good news is I discovered how much gear a guy needs as what I had was on the low side and caused extra work LOL .. I didn't think [DUH] that these needed the same level of gearing up as my CJ :) now know better.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to do the same thing to mine. I ride heavily wooded areas. I've gotten caught on a side hill trail because of a tree got between the front and back bar b/c there is nothing on the side. Very aggrivating. Needs some there to slide on by the tree.
I'm going to do the same thing with mine. Somebody sells some 'tree bars' to keep the limbs from coming up and over into the cab, but the look kinda flimsy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts