Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my 2011 hdx 700 last week and the motor blew up. Took it to the dealer and only drained 6 oz of oil, there was no leaks and no smoking going on. He told me that dust got into the motor and wore out the rings which caused it to burn oil slow enough that I wouldn't even notice it. What I don't understand is why there is no warning lights or low oil lights on these machines, I just had the oil changed 400 miles ago, I didn't think I had to check the oil after every ride.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
sorry to here that,if it burnt that much,i would think you would smell it burning,did you change it your self,or did someone do it for you. how many miles is on it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Let this be a reminder to check our oil more regularly.

Just wish it would not be such a pain in the @ss to check!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Just wish it would not be such a pain in the @ss to check!
seams like A/C did almost everything they could to burry the dip stick in a hole

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
oil

hi friends i have heard this so many times,on the newer prowlers what do you have to do to check the oil.i know on my 06 i just pull the seats then pull off dog house.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
xtz the seat pan has to be removed and they added 4 or 5 bolts across the top of the pan. It's also way in the back and a tranny funnel has to be used.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
oil

thanks,now i know.i guess i have to much old school in me................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts