Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased a used 2011 HDX, I just noticed the letter P isn't coming up on the LCD gauge when I put the thing in park, also the light on the seat belt/park indicator light doesnt come on either. is this something I can fix myself, please help.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site Stevie, there's a few HDX owners on here I'm sure will be able to help. I have an older model that doesn't have the park. Click this link to download a pdf copy of the service manual for your rig. Maybe it will help if you don't have one already.
2011HDX Service Manual

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site. Besides the park light issue, how do you like your HDX? Sounds like minor issues, but will have to defer to the HDX owners. Where are you located, and is there a dealer you can talk to about?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
just for shucks and jives ... check wire looms at the connection points .. look for loose and or dirt / corrosion in them while checking and while there add some dielectric grease in all of them and at the dash connections also ... if this rig was in or around water and or mud it might have gottin into these connections ... also look for a pin in the connections that might have been pushed back and not making any connection at all. you'll need a good light and maybe some picks if mud in those places.

OH and welcome to the house

fill in you location and also your signature line so we know what ya have and where you are ... helps when trying to answer questions / so we can guess as to ride area/type of terrain and also where we might send ya for parts .. or maybe just maybe there is a member close that might lend a hand.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello, I purchased a used 2011 HDX, I just noticed the letter P isn't coming up on the LCD gauge when I put the thing in park, also the light on the seat belt/park indicator light doesnt come on either. is this something I can fix myself, please help.
Welcome to the prowler site....there has been some issues on the shifters on the HDX,most of the time its the adjustments......

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have that same machine, but don't have either of the issues you are having. Sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do I have to start looking for the adjustment, and how would I go about adjusting it. Thank you all for your help. There is a lot of good info here. I am glad I found this place.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
first post reply to your first post has a link to a free shop manual has a ton of info on it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I down loaded the service manual. Question here, has anyonen had to adjust there shift cable? I checked every thing, like when the dash LCD says H it is in high. When the LCD says R I know it's in reverse. Only problem I am having is, it won't show a P when it is in park. So if I just adjust the mounting nuts under the dash, should this solve this problem. Another question, where is the sensor located for the park indicator light and LCD readout ?Thanks again.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think the gear selector sensor is inside the case, check the manual in the engine section, left side components. I had to adjust my cable, I could not get it into neutral, and the dash indicator was not showing proper gear selection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, this is starting to drive me nut, I tried adjusting the cable on both ends. I even took the cable off of the gear shift on the motor end, I manually went through the gear shifting, while watching the LCD gauge. I could shift into L H N and R no P would come up even thought I know it was in park. I know this is just a little thing but it's just buging me. I purchase it used with only1000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ok, this is starting to drive me nut, I tried adjusting the cable on both ends. I even took the cable off of the gear shift on the motor end, I manually went through the gear shifting, while watching the LCD gauge. I could shift into L H N and R no P would come up even thought I know it was in park. I know this is just a little thing but it's just buging me. I purchase it used with only1000 miles on it.
Sounds to me like the indicator P light might be burnt out........

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is what you need to fix. If you bought it used, call your dealer have them run your vin and see what other updates are need for your rig

·
Registered
282 Posts
Im not sure I don't have that rig. I went to a parts lookup to see what you were talking about on the linkage. Noticed that it had a updated parts number and then went looking for the bulletin.

Im assuming when it says "doesn't meet arctic cat standards" some work some don't. If I had to guess its some kind of spacer, to help the sensor correctly determine which gear you are in.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ok. I ran my HDX tonight and just realized, I also do not have a lit up "P" when in park. Now that I go back and look at some pics when I bought it, it never lit up. Maybe it isn't supposed to.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ok. I ran my HDX tonight and just realized, I also do not have a lit up "P" when in park. Now that I go back and look at some pics when I bought it, it never lit up. Maybe it isn't supposed to.
LOL Good point,maybe it dont///////////////:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here's a pic of mine when I bought it (used). Can anybody else check theirs and see what they got going on?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
This is from page 16 of the 2011 HDX service manual, it doesn't say anything about a "P" on the LCD screen but does show the light on the dash by the headlight switch.
Capture.jpg
That screen shot might not be easy to read, here's what it says.

1. Turn the ignition switch on; then with the shift lever
in the neutral position, look for the (N) indication on
the LCD. Shift into high range and look for the (H)
indication, low range for the (L) indication, and
reverse for the (R) indication.
2. Shift the transmission into park and observe that the
(P) illuminates on the seat belt/park indicator light.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts